• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burnco BBQ Tulsa

Adam Meyer has opened a second restaurant location here in Tulsa.  Yay!  He will now be able to offer lunch and dinner.  And the lines are just as long.  In the new restaurant he has maintained his primary method of cooking.  He put in 24 Hastybake Grills.  Everything is cooked on those grills.  Everything.   INcluding the mac and cheese which is to die for.  .  

• Like 1

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

10 hours ago, joiei said:

He put in 24 Hastybake Grills.  Everything is cooked on those grills.  Everything.

That sounds really, really good! I was unfamiliar with the Hasty Bake grill brand. They seemed expensive, so I looked them up. Probably not that expensive for what you get, though. I am still using a stainless grill grate from almost 30 years ago I have rigged up in a Charbroil gas grill that I degassed and converted to charcoal. Those stupid Charbroil ceramic coated grills don't last long at all, and all the parts, while replaceable, are essentially junk. Yes, the Hasty Bake certainly looks like it's worth the money with so much of the components stainless. 

I have a question, though. How does Adam Meyer deal with the carbon monoxide? Are these Hasty Bakes outside?

> ^ . . ^ <

He has a giant hood over all the grills.  Fire department and health department requirement.  They have daily specials otherwise it is the same smoked meats listed at their website.  Crepes, if you go to their facebook you will see ;a photo of the grills at the new place.  

Edited by joiei (log)
  • Like 1

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!