• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

adey73

'Ruby' the Fourth Chocolate frontier?

I’m late to this news but have just seen film of the ‘private’ launch of Ruby chocolate in China that took place recently.  The Callebaut Rep was adamant that his samples were ‘bean to bar’ and that only 5 people in the world are aware of the source of the beans that produce Ruby chocolate and the production steps necessary.

Elsewhere on the web I found news that Nestlé is launching a Ruby coated KitKat in certain Eastern markets this Spring.  I didn’t know that Callebaut and Nestlé were linked, perhaps they aren’t but in which case I’m thinking the knowledge behind production of Ruby chocolate must have broadened from the original 5.  The Callebaut Rep likened discovery of Ruby chocolate to Newton discovering gravity...  

1 hour ago, DianaB said:

The Callebaut Rep likened discovery of Ruby chocolate to Newton discovering gravity...  

:D :D :D

Marketer's gotta market, I suppose...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

:D :D :D

Marketer's gotta market, I suppose...

Yeah right - or using an old expiring patent before someone else does!

• Like 1