• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

17 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

47.3% cacao (29.5% cacao butter), 26.4% milk, which would leave 26.3% sugar. So it's a milk chocolate with a high percentage of fat. (35.9% of which 29.5 is cocoa butter and 5% milk fat) 

Ahhh, when I saw the 68% on the package, I thought that was the cacao %  (you know you're a chocolatier when ...)

So the kit kat is 32% crispy wafer fingers and 68% chocolate, which is 47% cacao milk chocolate?

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

13 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

47.3% cacao (29.5% cacao butter), 26.4% milk, which would leave 26.3% sugar. So it's a milk chocolate with a high percentage of fat. (35.9% of which 29.5 is cocoa butter and 5% milk fat) 

Ahhh, when I saw the 68% on the packaging, I thought that was the cacao %  (you know you're a chocolatier when ...)

So the kit kat is 32% crispy wafer fingers and 68% chocolate, which is 47% cacao milk chocolate?