• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tom1

Tom1

18 hours ago, JeanneCake said:

Welcome!

I have an oven at home that can operate as a conventional  oven or a convection; the convection setting activates the fan.  Convection bake is low fan speed, convection roast is faster fan speed.  I usually set the temp about 25 degrees lower when using convection and I also start to check for "doneness" sooner than I would otherwise; things cook faster in convection mode.  I own a bakery where we have commercial convection ovens so using one at home was not a learning experience.

At home we also have a Breville Smart Oven Pro, because I wanted more oven space at home for the holiday chaos and it also functions as an air fryer so I didn't have to make room on the counter for yet another device ;)  The kid  uses the air fryer more than I do and he's been pretty happy experimenting with it; mostly with chicken, and reheating things like mozzarella sticks, and other batter/breaded coated things for snacks.

What model did you get?

I posted my model in another thread, I bought a convection oven from HYSapientia on Amazon and I use it pretty much all the time now.

By contacting the manufacturer they informed me that a convection oven can be used as an alternative to an air fryer, mine is even allowed for my kids, they can easily learn

Tom1

Tom1

18 hours ago, JeanneCake said:

欢迎!

我家里有一个烤箱,可以作为传统烤箱或对流烤箱使用;对流设置激活风扇。对流烘烤是低风扇速度,对流烘烤是更快的风扇速度。使用对流时,我通常将温度设置低约 25 度,并且我也开始比其他方式更快地检查“完成度”;在对流模式下,东西煮得更快。我拥有一家面包店,那里有商用对流烤箱,所以在家里使用烤箱并不是一种学习体验。

在家里,我们也有一个 Breville Smart Oven Pro,因为我想在家里有更多的烤箱空间来应对假期的混乱,它还可以用作空气炸锅,所以我不必在柜台上为另一个设备腾出空间;)  孩子使用空气炸锅比我做的多,他很高兴尝试它;主要是鸡肉,再加热马苏里拉棒等东西,以及其他面糊/面包涂层的零食。

你买的是什么型号?

I posted my model in another thread, I bought a convection oven from HYSapientia on Amazon and I use it pretty much all the time now.

By contacting the manufacturer they informed me that a convection oven can be used as an alternative to an air fryer, mine is even allowed for my kids, they can easily learn