• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

joiei

joiei

There is a new to Tulsa restaurant opening very soon.  They are claiming to be focusing on healthy lifestyles.  Basically they are a pizza and salad bar type of place.  What they are pushing is handmade pizzas and craft salads.  What is a craft salad?  Online i found a restaurant in Manila named Craft Salad: I also found out that Sizzler calls their salad bar Craft salad.  What makes it craft?  It's a salad bar  Are we going to be facing a whole bunch of places starting to call their salads craft salads?  Then I went to their nutritional page and realized that I probably will not eat there.  Most of the nutrient breakdowns were for what they called Mini size.  About one cup.  Very deceiving.  The soups were given in 6 oz portions which they called a cup.  I pay attention to the sources of fat,sodium, carbs, and am starting to pay attention to cholesterol.  I'm still wondering what the heck a craft salad is.  Is it a regional thing?  

joiei

joiei

There is a new to Tulsa restaurant opening very soon.  They are claiming to be focusing on healthy lifestyles.  Basically they are a pizza and salad bar type of place.  What they are pushing is handmade pizzas and craft salads.  What is a craft salad?  Online i found a restaurant in Manila named Craft Salad: I also found out that Sizzler calls their salad bar Craft salad.  What makes it craft?  It's a salad bar  Are we going to be facing a whole bunch of places starting to call their salads craft salads?  Then I went to their nutritional page and realized that I probably will not eat there.  Most of the nutrient breakdowns were for what they called Mini size.  About one cup.  Very deceiving.  The soups were given in 6 oz portions which they called a cup.  I pay attention to the sources of fat,sodium, carbs, and am starting to pay attention to cholesterol.  I'm still wondering what the heck a craft salad is.