• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bamix Immersion (Stick) Blenders

liuzhou

On 9/2/2017 at 12:14 AM, lindag said:

I totally agree with Anna, I love my Bamix, it's well-built and powerful and essential in my kitchen. especially for soups and dressings.

It would be nice to detach the bottom so it could go in the d/w but, again, it's not too big a deal.  It's possible the detachability would affect the overall strength of the blender.

Mine came with three tips...one for chopping, one for whipping and one for blending.

I use the first two but mostly just the chopping blade.

You may want to take a look at the Kitchen Aid model, it does have the detachable bottom and was top rated by CI though now it's been surpassed by a Braun.  I don't believe they included Bamix in their tests.

The Swiss think of everything.

The bottom can be detached -- it is on a reverse thread screw. Turn it clockwise to remove, counterclockwise to put back on.

• Like 1

Nick Reynolds, aka "nickrey"

"The Internet is full of false information." Plato
My eG Foodblog

On 11/26/2018 at 2:18 PM, nickrey said:

The Swiss think of everything.

The bottom can be detached -- it is on a reverse thread screw. Turn it clockwise to remove, counterclockwise to put back on.

But the part is very light, suggesting it is aluminium which does not react well to dishwashing detergents.

Nick Reynolds, aka "nickrey"

"The Internet is full of false information." Plato
My eG Foodblog

14 hours ago, nickrey said:

But the part is very light, suggesting it is aluminium which does not react well to dishwashing detergents.

This is probably the reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the bamix. There are some unfavorable reviews on Amazon and other sites regarding discoloration, and even peeling. Thinking about Dynamic MiniPro instead.. hmm.. decisions..