• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Toliver

Crazy Good e-Book Bargains

1 hour ago, MelissaH said:

Another new discount, one I've been hoping would happen: Luisa Weiss, Classic German Baking ($1.99).

Thanks! Got that one!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MelissaH said:

Another new discount, one I've been hoping would happen: Luisa Weiss, Classic German Baking ($1.99).

My DW got her degree in German literature (a long time ago in a university far, far way - ok, 30 miles) and thinks this looks like an interesting book. I have already one-clicked it.

• Like 3

Thanks for this great advice! I have never tried purchasing  cookbooks on amazon before! This sounds great! Thanks so much for sharing!

20 minutes ago, GPR Ventures said:

Thanks for this great advice! I have never tried purchasing  cookbooks on amazon before! This sounds great! Thanks so much for sharing!

Oh, heck, honey, if that's all you buy after the enablers on this forum get to you, you'll be better off than I am! (Let's see, a sous vide circulator, an Instant Pot, a Cuisinart steam convection oven...not to mention all the small stuff....)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, kayb said:

Oh, heck, honey, if that's all you buy after the enablers on this forum get to you, you'll be better off than I am! (Let's see, a sous vide circulator, an Instant Pot, a Cuisinart steam convection oven...not to mention all the small stuff....)

I understand what you are saying:rolleyes:! I've been duped many times before. I'll look it up before I click "Order Now".

1 hour ago, GPR Ventures said:

I understand what you are saying:rolleyes:! I've been duped many times before. I'll look it up before I click "Order Now".

Don't get me wrong. I love everything mentioned above, along with most of the other things I've bought due to this forum. But it's cost me money over the years, it has.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 12:15 AM, Porthos said:

My DW got her degree in German literature (a long time ago in a university far, far way - ok, 30 miles) and thinks this looks like an interesting book. I have already one-clicked it.

If you enjoy Luisa Weiss's writing style, you may also enjoy her memoir , in which she basically finds her way home to Berlin. It's not on sale right now, but I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Madhur Jeffrey World Vegetarian is 2.99 on US kindle.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chefmd said:

Madhur Jeffrey World Vegetarian is 2.99 on US kindle.

I have a few of her Indian cookbooks. Never looked at this one before and not sure why, but I own it now! Thanks, @chefmd

Ruth Reichl's My Kitchen Year is $1.99 on Kindle, US Prime. This is one book where it's helpful to have a tablet rather than an e-ink device, as the photographs are lovely.

Two to add:

Madhur Jaffrey's "World Vegetarian: More Than 650 Meatless Recipes from Around the World" Kindle Edition  $2.99US

This author has/had a Food TV show:

Amy Thielen's "The New Midwestern Table: 200 Heartland Recipes" Kindle Edition $1.99US

edited to add the usual disclaimer that I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

Edited by Toliver (log)

I might have to bite the bullet after all these years and get a prime membership! From what I can see those are definitely prime prices. :o

Why, O Why do I keep checking in on this topic?  O.o Bittman's Kitchen Matrix was too good to pass up.  For $2.99 (I also am a Prime member) it's a bargain. I think I'll be using it tonight for the shrimp that's currently thawing in my kitchen sink.