• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crazy Good e-Book Bargains

Toliver

Three 2020 releases with Kindle versions priced at $3.99 on both Amazon.com and Amazon.ca:

The Kindle version of Sami Tamimi's Falastin (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) 

The Kindle version of 100 Cookies (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) by Sarah Kieffer of The Vanilla Bean Baking Blog 

The Kindle version of Bryant Terry's Vegetable Kingdom: The Abundant World of Vegan Recipes (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) 

All are listed as "Deal of the Day" not sure what that means for the longevity of those prices.   Edited to strike out the books that are no longer bargain priced.

Apologies if these have been previously posted, I didn't search through the thread.  

Edited by blue_dolphin
To strike out the books that are no longer bargain priced (log)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@blue_dolphin The cookie book caught my eye, until I remembered that our yearly mass Christmas cookie baking has come to an end.

I hear you - I bought the hard copy in anticipation of holiday baking that didn't happen.  Fingers crossed that I get some use out of it later this year!

Thanks.  I was planning to hold out for the hardcopy of Falastin.  I've paged through it at work.  It's a pretty book.  But for $3.99 I sprung for the Kindle edition.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

A new month (already!) and a new crop of ecookbooks on sale. They're worth taking a look at...just 2 pages so it will go quickly. 

Unfortunately, a lot of them have been previously posted in the past. 
And others offer a small amount of recipes for the sale price and I didn't think they were worth posting. 

Your opinion may differ.

I'll keep an eye out for more bargains...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

I found one slightly more expensive cookbook this afternoon...

Blogger Naomi Robinson's "Baker's Royale: 75 Twists on All Your Favorite Sweets" Kindle Edition $3.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)
Use the "Look Inside" feature and scroll down a little more than halfway to see the First Chapter's list of recipes.
Scroll further down to see some recipes.
Use Metric as well as Imperial measurements.

I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

• Thanks 1

Tim Oliver

From this morning's BookBub email...

"Slow Cooker 101: Master the Slow Cooker with 101 Great Recipes (101 Recipes)" Kindle Edition $1.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)
Use the "Look Inside" feature to see the list of recipes.

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

Two from this morning, both a little light (meaning less recipes than the usual cookbook)...

Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen's "The Pizza Cookbook" Kindle Edition $2.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)
Only twenty recipes.

The editors of Williams-Sonoma's "Williams-Sonoma Luscious Fruit Desserts: More than 50 recipes for baking with the season's harvest" Kindle Edition $2.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)
Metric and Imperial measurements.
Only just over 50 recipes.
There's a recipe for "Blueberry-Cream Cheese Custard Pie" on the Amazon info page for this cookbook.
Use the "Look Inside" feature to see some chapter listings of recipes, plus some of the recipes themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tim Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

From this morning's BookBub email:

The James Beard Award-winning restaurant Eventide's "Eventide: Recipes for Clambakes, Oysters, Lobster Rolls, and More from a Modern Maine Seafood Shack" Kindle Edition $1.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)
Use the "Look Inside" feature and scroll almost all the way down to see the short list of recipes from the first chapter.

• Like 2

Tim Oliver

Some more finds from this afternoon:

Hervé This' "Molecular Gastronomy: Exploring the Science of Flavor (Arts and Traditions of the Table Perspectives on Culinary History)" Kindle Edition $1.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)
Use the "Look Inside" feature to see the list of topics. Not sure if it includes recipes.

"The Eli's Cheesecake Cookbook: Remarkable Recipes from a Chicago Legend" Kindle Edition $2.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

From Allen Dikker, the CEO and founder of Potatopia, the fast-casual all-potato restaurant, "The Potatopia Cookbook: 77 Recipes Starring the Humble Potato" Kindle Edition $2.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

• Thanks 1

Tim Oliver

4 hours ago, Toliver said:

Some more finds from this afternoon:

Hervé This' "Molecular Gastronomy: Exploring the Science of Flavor (Arts and Traditions of the Table Perspectives on Culinary History)" Kindle Edition $1.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)
Use the "Look Inside" feature to see the list of topics. Not sure if it includes recipes.

"The Eli's Cheesecake Cookbook: Remarkable Recipes from a Chicago Legend" Kindle Edition $2.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

From Allen Dikker, the CEO and founder of Potatopia, the fast-casual all-potato restaurant, "The Potatopia Cookbook: 77 Recipes Starring the Humble Potato" Kindle Edition $2.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

Wow, that was fast.  I was all set to order Molecular Gastronomy but it is back up to $9.99.

6 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Wow, that was fast.  I was all set to order Molecular Gastronomy but it is back up to $9.99.

Very strange. This morning it is showing as $1.58 on amazon.com and I just bought it for $1.99 on amazon.ca. 

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

5 hours ago, Anna N said:

Very strange. This morning it is showing as $1.58 on amazon.com and I just bought it for $1.99 on amazon.ca. 

Still $9.99 for me.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Still $9.99 for me.

Most peculiar. I don’t have prime with amazon.com so that will not explain it. But it is still showing at $1.58. Maybe you’ve said something to upset Jeff?

Edited by Anna N
Remove the double negative. (log)
  • Haha 1

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

1 minute ago, Anna N said:

Most peculiar. I don’t have prime with amazon.com so that will not explain it. But it is still showing at $1.58. Maybe you’ve said something to upset Jeff?

I did order a pan from another site.

• Haha 3

Just now, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I did order a pan from another site.

That would explain it!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My 2004 eG Blog

• 2 weeks later...

A new month yet again, with not much to look at...

I found these this morning:

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER, "See You on Sunday: A Cookbook for Family and Friends" Kindle Edition $2.99US(eG-friendly Amazon.com link)
Use the "Look Inside" feature and scroll down to see a few recipes.

"Frostings" Kindle Edition $1.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)
There's a recipe for Rich Chocolate Frosting on this book's Amazon info page.
Use the "Look Inside" feature to see the list recipes.

Edited by Toliver
verbage (log)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tim Oliver

This was on sale/posted back in 2018. I am posting it again in case someone missed it...

Grace Young's "The Breath of a Wok: Unlocking the Spirit of Chinese Wok Cooking Through Recipes and Lore" Kindle Edition $1.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

Tim Oliver