• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crazy Good e-Book Bargains

Toliver

From various emails...some have been posted before:

"Simply Salads: More than 100 Creative Recipes You Can Make in Minutes from Prepackaged Greens" Kindle Edition $1.99US

A slightly higher price:

Alison Roman's "Dining In: Highly Cookable Recipes" Kindle Edition $3.99US

Use the "Look Inside" feature to see the listing of recipes.

The previously posted cookbooks:

"Hello, My Name Is Ice Cream: The Art and Science of the Scoop" Kindle Edition $2.99US

Nigella Lawson's "Nigellissima: Easy Italian-Inspired Recipes" Kindle Edition $1.99US
Use the "Look Inside" feature and scroll down to see a recipe.

A slightly higher price:

Yotam Ottolenghi's "Sweet: Desserts from London's Ottolenghi" Kindle Edition $3.99US
Use the "Look Inside" feature and scroll down to see some recipes.

I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

• Like 2

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

I found a few on sale and a couple that were priced just a wee bit more but may be of interest:

From the Amazon info page for this next cookbook:

Named Cookbook of the Year by the Sunday Times (UK)

Fortnum & Mason Food & Drink Awards Cookery Book of the Year 2015

The Guild of Food Writer's (UK) Award Winner for Best First Book

"Honey & Co.'s food--taking its cue from generations of dedicated home cooks--captures everything that is generous, hearty, and delicious in the Middle East."--Yotam Ottolenghi

Itamar Srulovich & Sarit Packer's "Honey & Co.: The Cookbook" Kindle Edition $2.99US

It's a well-received restaurant in Britain.

"The Texas Food Bible: From Legendary Dishes to New Classics" Kindle Edition $1.99US

"The New Wine Rules: A Genuinely Helpful Guide to Everything You Need to Know" Kindle Edition $1.99US

The cookbooks that are a little more expensive:

"Martha Stewart's Cooking School (Enhanced Edition): Lessons and Recipes for the Home Cook" Kindle Edition with Audio/Video) $4.99US

Lidia Matticchio Bastianich's "Lidia's Commonsense Italian Cooking: 150 Delicious and Simple Recipes Anyone Can Master" Kindle Edition $5.99US
Use the "Look Inside" feature to see the list of recipes.

Lidia's cookbooks are rarely marked down in price which is why I am posting this cookbook.

Tim Oliver

12 hours ago, Toliver said:

I found a few on sale and a couple that were priced just a wee bit more but may be of interest:

From the Amazon info page for this next cookbook:

Named Cookbook of the Year by the Sunday Times (UK)

Fortnum & Mason Food & Drink Awards Cookery Book of the Year 2015

The Guild of Food Writer's (UK) Award Winner for Best First Book

"Honey & Co.'s food--taking its cue from generations of dedicated home cooks--captures everything that is generous, hearty, and delicious in the Middle East."--Yotam Ottolenghi

Itamar Srulovich & Sarit Packer's "Honey & Co.: The Cookbook" Kindle Edition $2.99US

It's a well-received restaurant in Britain.

"The Texas Food Bible: From Legendary Dishes to New Classics" Kindle Edition $1.99US

"The New Wine Rules: A Genuinely Helpful Guide to Everything You Need to Know" Kindle Edition $1.99US

The cookbooks that are a little more expensive:

"Martha Stewart's Cooking School (Enhanced Edition): Lessons and Recipes for the Home Cook" Kindle Edition with Audio/Video) $4.99US

Lidia Matticchio Bastianich's "Lidia's Commonsense Italian Cooking: 150 Delicious and Simple Recipes Anyone Can Master" Kindle Edition $5.99US

Lidia's cookbooks are rarely marked down in price which is why I am posting this cookbook.

Related, another Lidia book for a reasonable price.

Lidia's Mastering the Art of Italian Cuisine: Everything You Need to Know to Be a Great Italian Cook 

Edited by Smithy
Adjusted Amazon link to be eG-friendly (log)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tikidoc said:

I think I posted this cookbook a few pages ago (Amazon says I have already purchased it).

I always keep an eye on the Amazon cookbook pages since, like Ina Garten, Lidia's books are rarely discounted. If the price gets close to sale-price territory I will pay the few extra dollars and buy it. That's how I got Emeril's "Delmonico" cookbook a while ago...not sale-priced but cheaper than usual...so the deal was done.

Edited to add a cookbook that was posted quite some time ago but will post it again since it's the 40th anniversary edition and it's on sale:

"The Moosewood Cookbook: 40th Anniversary Edition" Kindle Edition $2.99US

No list of recipes but if you use the "Look Inside" feature you can see a listing of recipes in the first chapter.

I don't normally post "healthy" cookbooks, but because it's a restaurant of note, I am posting it.

Edited by Toliver (log)
  • Like 1

Tim Oliver

1 hour ago, Toliver said:

I think I posted this cookbook a few pages ago (Amazon says I have already purchased it).

I always keep an eye on the Amazon cookbook pages since, like Ina Garten, Lidia's books are rarely discounted. If the price gets close to sale-price territory I will pay the few extra dollars and buy it. That's how I got Emeril's "Delmonico" cookbook a while ago...not sale-priced but cheaper than usual...so the deal was done.

Nope, not for me.  I clicked on the hardback copy instead.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

A new month bringing some new sale items (and old sale items that I won't bother reposting):

"Whole Beast Butchery: The Complete Visual Guide to Beef, Lamb, and Pork" Kindle Edition $2.99US

A how-to book.

"Carla Hall's Soul Food" Kindle Edition $2.99US

BBC personality & host "Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook: Over 100 Delicious Recipes from My Personal Cookbook" Kindle Edition $2.99US

"Mastering the Grill: The Owner's Manual for Outdoor Cooking" Kindle Edition $2.99US
Another "how-to" but with recipes. Use the "Look Inside" feature to see the list of recipes.

Not a cookbook but essays...

A historical look at France and its gastronomy:
"A Bite-Sized History of France: Gastronomic Tales of Revolution, War, and Enlightenment" Kindle Edition $1.99US

"Eggs: Martha Stewart's Cooking School, Lesson 2: Lessons and Recipes for the Home Cook" Kindle Edition with Audio/Video $.99US
From the Amazon info page for this cookbook - "NOTE: Due to large size of this book, please connect your device to WiFi to download.
Kindle Edition with Audio/Video: Audio/Video content is available on Fire tablets (except Kindle Fire 1st Generation) and iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices."

Slightly more expensive...

Essays and recipes:
Shauna Niequist's "Bread and Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes" Kindle Edition $3.99US
Use the "Look Inside" feature to see the list of essays & recipes.

"Golden: Sweet & Savory Baked Delights from the Ovens of London¿s Honey & Co." Kindle Edition $3.99US
The restaurant cookbook was recently posted. This is their desserts.

Georgia Freedman's "Cooking South of the Clouds: Recipes and stories from China's Yunnan province" Kindle Edition $3.99US

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

More finds from this afternoon:

Martha Stewart's current PBS series is "Martha Stewart's Cooking School". Instead of publishing one cookbook for the series containing all of the season's recipes, she's publishing cookbooks for each lesson covered in the series. There are currently multiple "Cooking Lessons" ecookbooks in the Kindle store but most are a little bit out of "sale-price" range and won't be posted by me until they come down in price.

Here's one that is a little more expensive than my usual listings (the other "Cooking Lessons" ecookbooks are priced higher):

"Stocks & Soups: Martha Stewart's Cooking School, Lesson 1: Lessons and Recipes for the Home Cook" Kindle Edition with Audio/Video $3.99US

From the Amazon info page for this ecookbook:
"Due to large size of this book, please connect your device to WiFi to download.
Kindle Edition with Audio/Video: Audio/Video content is available on Fire tablets (except Kindle Fire 1st Generation) and iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices."

"The Hard Times Kitchen: Homestyle Recipes for a Small Budget" Kindle Edition $2.99US
Kindle Single-ish...just over 100 pages long. Use the "Look Inside" feature to see the list of recipes and scroll down to see a couple of recipes.

"Simple Thai Food: Classic Recipes from the Thai Home Kitchen" Kindle Edition $1.99US

edited to add: Note that the Martha Stewart Cooking Lessons cookbooks are quite lengthy...about 500 pages, and they do cover a lot of basic cooking territory which more advanced readers/cooks might find too pedestrian.

Edited by Toliver (log)

Tim Oliver

Well, this is embarrassing but not unheard-of in this crowd: I see I bought the Simple Thai Food book in 2015.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

I wouldgave purchased the Thai book but only saw it this morning and the price has gone back up.

Edited to add: I just looked through my Kindle and see that I have it.  I really need to consult my Kindle more often.

Edited by ElsieD (log)
  • Like 1

Thanks.  Ethiopia is a good read.  Jeff Koehler is co-author, and I've enjoyed several of his books on Spain, Morocco, and paella.

• Like 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Some sale-priced cookbooks I found this morning:

"River Cottage Every Day" Kindle Edition $1.99US
Use the "Look Inside" feature and then scroll down to see a couple of recipes from the cookbook.

"The Mexican Slow Cooker: Recipes for Mole, Enchiladas, Carnitas, Chile Verde Pork, and More Favorites" Kindle Edition $1.99US
A Kindle Single-ish cookbook...146 pages...55 recipes.

"The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook" Kindle Edition $2.99US
Use the "Look Inside" feature and then scroll down to see a couple of recipes from the cookbook.

Top Chef favorite Dale Talde's"Asian-American: Proudly Inauthentic Recipes from the Philippines to Brooklyn" Kindle Edition $2.99US

A couple of cookbooks at slightly more than the regular sale price...
Darina Allen's "Simply Delicious the Classic Collection: 100 timeless, tried & tested recipes" Kindle Edition $3.99US

"The Freds at Barneys New York Cookbook" Kindle Edition $3.99US

I am a  US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

• Like 2

Tim Oliver

I've had a hard copy of the Black Dog cookbook since it first came out. Love it.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Two found this morning with well known names:

"Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood: Stories and Recipes to Share with Family and Friends" Kindle Edition $2.99US

Use the "Look Inside" feature and scroll down to see some of the recipes. Also, there's a recipe from this cookbook included on this cookbook's Amazon info page.

David Rosengarten's "It's All American Food: The Best Recipes for More than 400 New American Classics" Kindle Edition $2.99US

Use the "Look Inside" feature and scroll down to see quite a few recipes from this cookbook.

Tim Oliver

17 hours ago, Toliver said:

David Rosengarten's "It's All American Food: The Best Recipes for More than 400 New American Classics" Kindle Edition $2.99US

Use the "Look Inside" feature and scroll down to see quite a few recipes from this cookbook.

David Rosengarten!?!?  Is he still alive?  Last I heard of him was when he closed down his subscription email letter right after I renewed my subscription.  Sorry, I can't support this by buying his books.

3 hours ago, dans said:

David Rosengarten!?!?  Is he still alive?  Last I heard of him was when he closed down his subscription email letter right after I renewed my subscription.  Sorry, I can't support this by buying his books.

Books live on whether their authors do or do not.

This cookbook was originally published in 2009. Ten years after the fact I bought it because buying it at a reduced sale price supports my endeavors to not spend a lot of money on cookbooks. That it supports Mr. Rosengarten was not a determining factor in my decision to make this purchase.

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

This has been previously posted (about 2 years ago). It arrived in my BookBub email and I am posting it again in case someone missed  it the first time around:

"Momofuku Milk Bar" Kindle Edition $2.99US
There's a recipe for Corn Cookies printed on the Amazon info page for this cookbook.

Tim Oliver