• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crazy Good e-Book Bargains

Toliver

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Found this morning...

From blogger Lisa Fain ("The Homesick Texan") "The Homesick Texan's Family Table: Lone Star Cooking from My Kitchen to Yours" Kindle Edition $1.99US

Katie Parla's "Tasting Rome: Fresh Flavors and Forgotten Recipes from an Ancient City" Kindle Edition $1.99US

I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

Edited by Toliver
edited to add opening quotation mark silly me (log)
  • Like 1

Tim Oliver

I really should stop following this thread.   But, I'm afraid I'll miss something.  What to do, what to do, what to do!  I know!  I'll buy the Homesick Texan's book!:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

I really should stop following this thread.   But, I'm afraid I'll miss something.  What to do, what to do, what to do!  I know!  I'll buy the Homesick Texan's book!:biggrin:

I bought that one, also! 

And when I went to check out the other one, Amazon kindly reminded me that I already owned it.   :o :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, FauxPas said:

And when I went to check out the other one, Amazon kindly reminded me that I already owned it.   :o :laugh:

Welcome to the Darkside. It’s getting very crowded here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Sometimes I can even override those Amazon reminders.

I managed to buy two copies of Instant Pot Obsession, one April and again in May of last year.

I'll happily send one of these to any Eger who wants it, US ONLY.

Edited by lindag (log)

2 minutes ago, lindag said:

Sometimes I can even override those Amazon reminded.

I managed to buy two copies if Instant Pot Obsession, one April and again in May of last year.

That's some mad skill!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FauxPas said:

I bought that one, also! 

I got all excited and went to purchase Tasting Rome.  Amazon informed me I purchased it last fall.  Maybe we should read it?

• Haha 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I got all excited and went to purchase Tasting Rome.  Amazon informed me I purchased it last fall.  Maybe we should read it?

I purchased it several months ago and read a bit of the introduction. Then all of my time got swallowed up with ren faire stuff. I have several ecookbooks I need to read now that I have time again

• Like 1

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

I would’ve gone for the Eric Ripert but it’s not on sale on .ca

But thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

1 hour ago, kayb said:

I'm swearing off.

Let’s see how long that lasts. xD

• Haha 1

My 2004 eG Blog

Tim Oliver

9 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Thanks, I invited Betty to my home.  Excuse me now while I powder my nose.

And clutch your pearls?

My 2004 eG Blog

2 minutes ago, Anna N said:

And clutch your pearls?

Best I can do is clutch the name tag necklace from a professional conference today.  And, yes, given my current profession, it did have to do with cookbooks (as well as with other crannies of the Dewey Decimal System).  The woman behind me was given two cookbooks as a prize.  One on French cooking and one on gluten free.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

I am back because I need some distraction at the moment.  Lunch in Paris might provide exactly that.  (Cookwise I am in my Japanese/Asian phase. Romancewise, however, I am hovering over Siberia.)

• Like 2

My 2004 eG Blog

5 hours ago, Toliver said:

Ain't gonna do it. Ain't gonna DO it. Though Mini-Pies is tempting me. But it would require mini-tart pans, which I do not have and do not plan to need.

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

1 hour ago, kayb said:

Ain't gonna do it. Ain't gonna DO it. Though Mini-Pies is tempting me. But it would require mini-tart pans, which I do not have and do not plan to need.

You know that resistance is futile. You can resist for a while but you’ll break. 

My 2004 eG Blog

2 hours ago, kayb said:

aw, com'on. You know you want to. (ducks and runs, yelling over my shoulder, "that one is also calling to me."

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

2 hours ago, kayb said:

You can make do with muffin pans.  :)