• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crazy Good e-Book Bargains

Toliver

On 1/22/2018 at 5:42 PM, Toliver said:

Ah, Foxfire. In the 70s, my husband and I were going to drop off the grid, live in the Appalachians, and be self-sufficient. Never even got to the Appalachians, and couldn't bring myself to give up frozen pizza and beer in a bottle. But I did dearly love the Foxfire books, so I picked up the pickling and preserving one, as well as the small game and meat, traditional baking and planting by the signs. At 99 cents apiece, who could pass them up?

My father always swore by planting by the signs. And he had one of the most gorgeous gardens in the county, so it must have worked.

• Like 4

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

From this morning's BookBub email:

Winner of the International Association of Culinary Association (IACP) Award-

Oretta Zanini de Vita &‎ Maureen B. Fant's "Sauces & Shapes: Pasta the Italian Way" Kindle Edition $1.99US

I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

1 hour ago, Toliver said:

Oretta Zanini de Vita &‎ Maureen B. Fant's "Sauces & Shapes: Pasta the Italian Way" Kindle Edition $1.99US

Thanks for this.  I own the book, but it's nice to have an electronic copy for travel.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

8 hours ago, Toliver said:

Thanks. Just bought it.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

Tim Oliver

Yesterday, @Chris Hennes started a thread on Cooking with Madhur Jaffrey's Vegetarian India

For those who would like to join in, or just follow along, I'm seeing the Kindle version of the book, Vegetarian India: A Journey Through the Best of Indian Home Cooking, selling on Amazon.com for $4.99.

I'm a US Prime member, not sure what others will see.  I checked Amazon.ca and unfortunately, it was not the same price. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

Yesterday, @Chris Hennes started a thread on Cooking with Madhur Jaffrey's Vegetarian India

For those who would like to join in, or just follow along, I'm seeing the Kindle version of the book, Vegetarian India: A Journey Through the Best of Indian Home Cooking, selling on Amazon.com for $4.99.

I'm a US Prime member, not sure what others will see.  I checked Amazon.ca and unfortunately, it was not the same price. 

I always love the “cook the book” topics so I am a little disappointed that this book is not on sale in Canada. I still might spring for it but I am not a bit keen on lentils and such so I wonder if this would really be something I could get into.  It’s a puzzlement.  Think I will follow along for a while and see if I’m really tempted.  Thanks for posting even if Amazon.ca is not cooperating. :)

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

20 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Once again I am saved because amazon tells me what I have already bought.

Yes!  I love that about Amazon.  I've been saved more than once.

I also like that you can find out what you paid for an item previously.

• Like 2

This morning's finds...

From Bubby's in NYC, Chef Ron Silver's "Bubby's Brunch Cookbook: Recipes and Menus from New York's Favorite Comfort Food Restaurant" Kindle Edition $1.99US

Michele Stuart's "Perfect Pies & More: All New Pies, Cookies, Bars, and Cakes from America's Pie-Baking Champion" Kindle Edition $1.99US

James Beard Award-winning author Mindy Segal's "Cookie Love: More Than 60 Recipes and Techniques for Turning the Ordinary into the Extraordinary" Kindle Edition $1.99US

You didn't hear it from me, but if you're interested in her Snickerdoodle recipe, you can see it using the "Look Inside" feature on the Amazon web page for the book.

While not a true bargain price, I thought I would post this since it's a lower-than-normal price (and I think it's been previously posted, too):
Peter Reinhart's "Bread Revolution: World-Class Baking with Sprouted and Whole Grains, Heirloom Flours, and Fresh Techniques" Kindle Edition $4.99US

Tony Gemignani's "The Pizza Bible: The World's Favorite Pizza Styles, from Neapolitan, Deep-Dish, Wood-Fired,Sicilian, Calzones and Focaccia to New York, New Haven, Detroit, and more" Kindle Edition $1.99US

Tim Oliver

For $1.99 Canadian I sprang for the cookie book.  I do hope I am not morphing into a baker. xD

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

On 1/29/2018 at 1:29 PM, Anna N said:

For $1.99 Canadian I sprang for the cookie book.  I do hope I am not morphing into a baker. xD

Thanks. 

There is hope for you yet!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rustwood said:

I just bought this for 1.99: Classic German Baking: The Very Best Recipes for Traditional Favorites, from Pfeffernüsse to Streuselkuchen by Luisa Weiss

I've had an eReaderIQ  alert on it.

This was previously on sale (a few pages back) but thanks for posting it again for anyone who may missed it the first time around.

There's another German recipes cookbook (click) I've been keeping my eye on but it doesn't seem to ever go on sale. :(

Tim Oliver

14 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

I now have The Pho Cookbook.  I need to stop following this thread.

I got Pho and Vetri's book.  Plus another Pho book I saw for $0.00 (US$).

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Done.

And ditto from me. ;)

Tim Oliver