• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crazy Good e-Book Bargains

Toliver

From this morning's perusal:

Olympia Provisions: Cured Meats and Tales from an American Charcuterie Kindle Edition $1.99US

This book has charcuterie info/recipes as well as recipes/dishes from the Portland, Oregon, "Olympia Provisions" restaurants.

The "Look Inside" features shows a list of the recipes included in the book.

edited to add that I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

Edited by Toliver (log)
  • Like 2

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Anyone care for some pie?

"United States of Pie: Regional Favorites from East to West and North to South" Kindle Edition $1.99US

If you use the "Look Inside" feature, you can see a listing of the recipes included in the book, from crusts to filling.

I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

Tim Oliver

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

The Great Big Pressure Cooker Book: 500 Easy Recipes for Every Machine, Both Stovetop and Electric for $2.99 US 

By Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough, whom you may know from some of their other books - they are fairly prolific writers. And overall, it's not a bad book if you have an Instant Pot and are looking for some suggestions and/or guidance. It says 500 recipes, but some are slight variations on earlier ones. 

Edited to add: This is on the Amazon US site and I'm a Prime member.

Edited by FauxPas (log)
  • Like 1

A couple of books geared toward Japanese cooking on the Amazon US site and I'm a Prime member:

Japanese Hot Pots: Comforting One Pot Meals for $1.99 US 

Ramen at Home: The Easy Japanese Cookbook for Classic Ramen and Bold New Flavors for $1.99 US 

I can't evaluate them really except to say that they both seem to get a lot of good reviews. :)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Hmm.  I don't see the cheap price for Bangkok book but I do see it for the other one, which is why I asked.  Bit of a bummer as I would have liked the Bangkok one.

I am a Prime member.  May be try a different browser as @blue_dolphin suggested?

I tried a couple of different browsers and Bangkok was priced at over $30 for the Kindle version at all of them.  I did check the other book again, and it directs me to Amazon.ca where I can buy that one for $2.99. The Bangkok one is not offered on .ca.  

2 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

I tried a couple of different browsers and Bangkok was priced at over $30 for the Kindle version at all of them.  I did check the other book again, and it directs me to Amazon.ca where I can buy that one for $2.99. The Bangkok one is not offered on .ca.  

That's so frustrating!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MelissaH said:

Pichet Ong's book The Sweet Spot is currently $1.99. US Prime.

Even for Prime customers in Canada it’s $18.99. Ouch. 

• Sad 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Today:

Lior Lev Sercarz's "The Spice Companion: A Guide to the World of Spices" Kindle Edition $1.99US

Tim Oliver

2 hours ago, Toliver said:

Today:

Lior Lev Sercarz's "The Spice Companion: A Guide to the World of Spices" Kindle Edition $1.99US

And I just had word that EYB had indexed it.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Cenk Sonmeszoy's The Artful Baker is $2.99 for Kindle (US Prime). I've enjoyed baking from this book tremendously, and find his recipes clearly written and easy to follow.

• Like 1

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

15 hours ago, Toliver said:

Today:

I consider this to be a valuable addition to my library as a reference tool.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

6 hours ago, MelissaH said:

Cenk Sonmeszoy's The Artful Baker is $2.99 for Kindle (US Prime). I've enjoyed baking from this book tremendously, and find his recipes clearly written and easy to follow.

OK so baking books rarely inspire me.  I bake because I challenged myself to get over my fear of baking. This book is drawing me in.  Vanilla Bean Meltaways,  Danish butter cookies (called House Cookies here), and I am only just getting started. A disdain for chocolate chips in favour of real chocolate....  

Yes!   Many thanks for this link. 

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Today:

"The Lee Bros. Charleston Kitchen" Kindle Edition $1.99US

Tim Oliver