• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crazy Good e-Book Bargains

Toliver

This is a treasure. https://smile.amazon.com/Aromas-Aleppo-Legendary-Cuisine-Syrian-ebook/dp/B003V1WW3S/ref=pd_sim_351_9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9XZ9YA3DH9669WYTJNFX

Now that I've found this crack-like thread, can someone tell me how to post with a simple HERE link. Thanks

Edited by Marya
Incomplete (log)
  • Like 2

Had to do that too. Although if I shared the author's name...I'd change it.

To do the clicky link: Highlight and copy (control+c on my Windows laptop, your mileage may vary) the URL of hte page you want to link to. Go back to your post, and type whatever text you want ("Here," "Clickety," or the name of the book, whatever). Highlight it with the cursor. Go up and click the little chain looking thingy at the top of the post. A window will open. In the top one of the two spaces that appear, paste the link you copied. Then either hit Enter or there may be a button to click to post it, I forget which. It should show your typed text word or words, in a different color or highlighted, and underlined. Then submit your post as usual.

Edited by kayb
because I didn't explain it well the first time. (log)

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

18 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

My Social Security (old age pension) arrived today.  How could I say no to the Le Bernardin?  The introduction is a little sad.

What's almost as sad -- the required kitchen equipment list calls out for six copper bottomed pots.  Makes the Kindle price not so much of a bargain.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

6 hours ago, kayb said:

Had to do that too. Although if I shared the author's name...I'd change it.

To do the clicky link: Highlight and copy (control+c on my Windows laptop, your mileage may vary) the URL of hte page you want to link to. Go back to your post, and type whatever text you want ("Here," "Clickety," or the name of the book, whatever). Highlight it with the cursor. Go up and click the little chain looking thingy at the top of the post. A window will open. In the top one of the two spaces that appear, paste the link you copied. Then either hit Enter or there may be a button to click to post it, I forget which. It should show your typed text word or words, in a different color or highlighted, and underlined. Then submit your post as usual.

Thank you. Now let's see if my brain still has what's necessary to follow through.

Today's bargains:

Chef Marcel Desaulniers' "Death by Chocolate Cakes: An Astonishing Array of Chocolate Enchantments" Kindle Edition $.99US (nice photos! Check out the "Look Inside" feature)

Mark Bittman's "The Best Recipes in the World" Kindle Edition $2.99US

I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

7 hours ago, Toliver said:

Today's bargains:

Chef Marcel Desaulniers' "Death by Chocolate Cakes: An Astonishing Array of Chocolate Enchantments" Kindle Edition $.99US (nice photos! Check out the "Look Inside" feature)

Mark Bittman's "The Best Recipes in the World" Kindle Edition $2.99US

For once I think I'll pass.

But thanks!

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

For once I think I'll pass.

But thanks!

Ditto. 

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

2 hours ago, FauxPas said:

Has this one been on sale before? Ruth Reichl's My Kitchen Year: 136 Recipes That Saved My Life for $1.99 for US Prime members. 

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today and have given myself permission to just sit and read this cookbook.  Really enjoying it, too!  Maybe it will inspire me to cook something exciting for dinner.

• Like 3

Today's find:

Diana Kennedy's "The Essential Cuisines of Mexico" Kindle Edition $1.99US

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

4 hours ago, Toliver said:

Today's find:

Diana Kennedy's "The Essential Cuisines of Mexico" Kindle Edition $1.99US

My name is Jo and I am a US Prime member...

Edited by JoNorvelleWalker (log)
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

My name is Jo and I am a US Prime member...

My name is Anna and I am being pulled inexorably to the dark side. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Some new on-sale titles and some older ones this morning:

Rachael Ray's "365: No Repeats: A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners (A 30-Minute Meal Cookbook)" Kindle Edition $1.99US

Irish celebrity chef Rachel Allen's "Bake" Kindle Edition $1.99US

If you go to her Amazon page, she has some other titles on sale, as well.

"The Blue Willow Inn Cookbook" Kindle Edition $1.99US

According to the book's cover, it's supposed to have been voted "best small-town restaurant in the South" by Southern Living Magazine.

Still on sale:
Mark Bittman's "Kitchen Matrix: More Than 700 Simple Recipes and Techniques to Mix and Match for Endless Possibilities" Kindle Edition $2.99US

Dorie Greenspan's "Baking: From My Home to Yours" Kindle Edition $3.99US

Edited to add the usual disclaimer that I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

Edited by Toliver (log)

Tim Oliver

15 minutes ago, kayb said:

And this one: Well-Preserved: Recipes and Techniques for Putting Up Small Batches of Seasonal Foods. $1.99 US Kindle for Prime members.

That one was worth the money simply for the introduction alone! Some good laughs there, and the promise of good techniques to be learnt in future. Thanks, kayb.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

These two memoirs have both been on sale for a while but I kept forgetting to post them...until today.

Anthony Bourdain's "The Nasty Bits: Collected Varietal Cuts, Usable Trim, Scraps, and Bones" Kindle Edition $1.99US

Marco Pierre White's "The Devil in the Kitchen: Sex, Pain, Madness, and the Making of a Great Chef" Kindle Edition $1.99US

I am a US prime member and the price you see may vary.

• Like 1

Tim Oliver