• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

8 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

I tried that and many, many pages of books popped up, but not many cookbooks.  I looked for a way to search for "cookbooks" but couldn't find one.  Does that mean you have to go through t h e entire list in order to see the cookbooks they are offering to lend?

The navigation probably varies depending on what device you are using. For me, I first choose "Nonfiction" from the tabs at the top and am then able to choose "Cooking, Food and Wine" from the menu that appears on the side.  Then I'm shown the 31 books in that category.

Edited to add that 100 Cookies (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) is a good one to check out if you are into baking. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

5 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

I tried that and many, many pages of books popped up, but not many cookbooks.  I looked for a way to search for "cookbooks" but couldn't find one.  Does that mean you have to go through t h e entire list in order to see the cookbooks they are offering to lend?

The navigation probably varies depending on what device you are using. For me, I first choose "Nonfiction" from the tabs at the top and am then able to choose "Cooking, Food and Wine" from the menu that appears on the side.  Then I'm shown the 31 books in that category