• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Marya

Marya

Added number of books one can borrow.

6 hours ago, Smithy said:

Strangely, for this Prime member this book is free. "Read it for free" it says, and when I clicked on it I was advised that it would appear in my library. I don't know what that means for the long term.

I've checked out a few free to read books in the past four years, and there are no return dates. You can borrow up to 10 books and, when you max out, you need to return one to check another out. Go to Kindle Store and type Prime Reading.

Marya

Marya

Strangely, for this Prime member this book is free. "Read it for free" it says, and when I clicked on it I was advised that it would appear in my library. I don't know what that means for the long term.

I've checked out a few free to read books and there is no due date for returns. You can borrow up to 10 books and, when you max out, you need to return one to check another out. Go to Kindle Store and type Prime Reading.

Marya

Marya

I've checked out a few free to read books. Returned all but a Myers & Chang cookbook. It has been in my library almost two years and Amazon hasn't requested it back. You can borrow 10 books and, when you max out, you need to return one to check another out. Go to Kindle Store and type Prime Reading.

Marya

Marya

I've checked out a few free to read books. Returned all but a Myers & Chang cookbook. It has been in my library almost two years and Amazon hasn't requested it back. You can borrow 10 books and, when you max out, you need to return one to check another out.

Marya

Marya

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

I've checked out several free to read books. Returned all but a Myers & Chang cookbook. It has been in my library over two years and Amazon hasn't requested it back. You get a certain amount of books and, when you max out, you need to return one to check another out.