• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

2 hours ago, Toliver said:

Two I stumbled across this morning...

"Big Dips: Cheese, Salsa, Pesto, Hummus" Kindle Edition $2.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

Use the "Look Inside" feature to see the list of recipes.

"The Complete Milk Street Cookbook: 350 Hand-Picked, Fast and Amazingly Delicious Weeknight Recipes for Your Whole Family" Kindle Edition $2.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

I find it odd that the description of the book on Amazon matched the tone of the narrative in the book which matched the tone used in the one and only review and that said review gave the book 5 starts.  Apparently 77 people rated the book but only one left a review.  98 % of the reviewers gave it 5 starts, 2 % gave it 4 starts.  Hmmmmm.  Hard to believe Kimball had anything to do with this book.

ETA:  I just looked at Amazon again and she has 5 other cookbooks, all issued in December, 2020 and all 5 star rated.  Busy lady.

ElsieD

ElsieD

2 hours ago, Toliver said:

Two I stumbled across this morning...

"Big Dips: Cheese, Salsa, Pesto, Hummus" Kindle Edition $2.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

"The Complete Milk Street Cookbook: 350 Hand-Picked, Fast and Amazingly Delicious Weeknight Recipes for Your Whole Family" Kindle Edition $2.99US (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.

I find it odd that the description of the book on Amazon matched the tone of the narrative in the book which matched the tone used in the one and only review and that said review gave the book 5 starts.  Apparently 77 people rated the book but only one left a review.  98 % of the reviewers gave it 5 starts, 2 % gave it 4 starts.  Hmmmmm.  Hard to believe Kimball had anything to do with this book.