• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Yesterday, I bought Andrea Nguyen's Vietnamese Food Any Day: Simple Recipes for True, Fresh Flavors: A Cookbook which was published earlier this year.  $2.99 on Amazon.com.  I've had it on my radar screen since listening to this interview with Evan Kleiman: Vietnamese cooking expert Andrea Nguyen goes simple

A couple of her other Kindle books are also low priced when compared to their hardback versions although they appear to be regular Kindle pricing, not limited-time sale prices. 

The listing for the kindle version of Asian Tofu: Discover the Best, Make Your Own, and Cook It at Home: A Cookbook says, "The enhanced ebook edition of Asian Tofu offers an enriched cookbook experience with 17 videos, including step-by-step guidance for making tofu at home plus coaching on other key techniques. Bonus travelogues explore tofu hotspots around the globe and immerse readers in the sights, sounds, and sources of this remarkable food."  This Kindle version is $4.99 vs $22.61 for the hardcover version published in 2012. 

The Kindle version of Asian Dumplings: Mastering Gyoza, Spring Rolls, Samosas, and More: A Cookbook is $4.99 on Amazon.com vs $21.77 for the hardcover published in 2009. 

Sadly, none of these prices translate over to Amazon.ca

Edited to add that a more careful search through this thread shows that both of the latter books that I listed have previously been bargain-priced at $1.99 or $2.99 so keep that in mind. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Yesterday, I bought Andrea Nguyen's Vietnamese Food Any Day: Simple Recipes for True, Fresh Flavors: A Cookbook which was published earlier this year.  $2.99 on Amazon.com.  I've had it on my radar screen since listening to this interview with Evan Kleiman: Vietnamese cooking expert Andrea Nguyen goes simple

A couple of her other Kindle books are also bargain-priced when compared to their hardback versions although they appear to be regular Kindle pricing, not limited-time sale prices. 

The listing for the kindle version of Asian Tofu: Discover the Best, Make Your Own, and Cook It at Home: A Cookbook says, "The enhanced ebook edition of Asian Tofu offers an enriched cookbook experience with 17 videos, including step-by-step guidance for making tofu at home plus coaching on other key techniques. Bonus travelogues explore tofu hotspots around the globe and immerse readers in the sights, sounds, and sources of this remarkable food."  This Kindle version is $4.99 vs $22.61 for the hardcover version published in 2012. 

The Kindle version of Asian Dumplings: Mastering Gyoza, Spring Rolls, Samosas, and More: A Cookbook is $4.99 on Amazon.com vs $21.77 for the hardcover published in 2009. 

Sadly, none of these prices translate over to Amazon.ca