• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Toliver

Toliver

Edited to correct the name

On 5/16/2019 at 6:23 PM, FauxPas said:

How could Nero Wolfe stories ever be off topic on a food site? After all, he lived to eat as much as to read or detect.  🙂

Way back when on eGullet, there was an eGullet member with the user name NeroW. New-ish to the internet at the time, I assumed, incorrectly, that NeroW was male. She posted a soup recipe (with a ripe banana as one of the ingredients!) that a lot of members made and said they enjoyed. Very Nero Wolfe-ish! xD

Toliver

Toliver

How could Nero Wolfe stories ever be off topic on a food site? After all, he lived to eat as much as to read or detect.  🙂

Way back when on eGullet, there was an eGullet member with the user name NeroW. New-ish to the internet at the time, I assumed, incorrectly, that Nero was male. She posted a soup recipe (with a ripe banana as one of the ingredients!) that a lot of members made and said they enjoyed. Very Nero Wolfe-ish! xD

Toliver

Toliver

eGullet has a member with the user name NeroW. New-ish to the internet at the time, I assumed, incorrectly, that Nero was male. She posted a soup recipe (with a ripe banana as one of the ingredients!) that a lot of members made and said they enjoyed. Very Nero Wolfe-ish! xD

Toliver

Toliver

eGullet has a member with the user name Nero Wolfe. New-ish to the internet at the time, I assumed, incorrectly, that Nero was male. She posted a soup recipe (with a ripe banana as one of the ingredients!) that a lot of members made and said they enjoyed. Very Nero Wolfe-ish! xD