• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Toliver

Toliver

Missing word/Poor use of English

A new month, more cookbooks on sale.

A lot of the Kindle ecookbooks on sale this month have been on sale before...let the buyer beware. I am posting a mix of "new to this on-sale discussion" through "it's been on sale before". There were a number of cookbooks on sale that cost a little bit more than the usual "$2.99US or less" and I would recommend you peruse the sale cookbooks on your own to see what is not being posted here.

Two from Dorie Greenspan that have been on sale before:

Dorie Greenspan's "Around My French Table: More than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours" Kindle Edition $2.99US

Dorie Greenspan's "Baking Chez Moi: Recipes from My Paris Home to Your Home Anywhere" Kindle Edition $2.99US

Bobby Flay's "Brunch at Bobby's: 140 Recipes for the Best Part of the Weekend" Kindle Edition $2.99US

"Martha Stewart's Cookies: The Very Best Treats to Bake and to Share" Kindle Edition $1.99US

"James Beard's Theory and Practice of Good Cooking" Kindle Edition $1.99US

Basic cooking techniques but well reviewed...300 recipes, I believe.

Padma Lakshmi's "The Encyclopedia of Spices and Herbs: An Essential Guide to the Flavors of the World" Kindle Edition $2.99US

A resource book. I don't think it includes any recipes. Reviews say the photos are great.

Giada De Laurentiis' "Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes" Kindle Edition $2.99US

Luca Manfé's "My Italian Kitchen: Favorite Family Recipes from the Winner of MasterChef Season 4 on FOX" Kindle Edition $1.99US

"Verdura: Vegetables Italian Style" Kindle Edition $1.99US

"The Berry Bible: With 175 Recipes Using Cultivated and Wild, Fresh and Frozen Berries" Kindle Edition $1.99US

Use the "Look Inside" feature to see the long list of recipes.

"Not Your Mother's Make-Ahead and Freeze Cookbook Revised and Expanded Edition" Kindle Edition $2.99US

America's Test Kitchen's "The Complete Make-Ahead Cookbook: From Appetizers to Desserts 500 Recipes You Can Make in Advance" Kindle Edition $2.99US

"Cooking with Nonna" Kindle Edition $2.99US

From the Editors of Garden and Gun: "The Southerner's Handbook: A Guide to Living the Good Life" Kindle Edition $1.99US

The author gave me pause...essays from the magazine along with recipes.

"The Complete Mushroom Hunter" Kindle Edition $2.99US

"Roots: The Definitive Compendium with more than 225 Recipes" Kindle Edition $2.99US
Use the "Look Inside" feature to see the long list of recipes that are sorted by the vegetable used in the recipes.

Slightly more expensive but well-reviewed 
Rose Levy Beranbaum's "The Pie and Pastry Bible" Kindle Edition $3.99US

I am a US prime member and the price you see may vary.

Toliver

Toliver

A new month, more cookbooks on sale.

A lot of the Kindle ecookbooks on sale this month have been on sale before...let the buyer beware. I am posting a mix of "new to this on-sale discussion" through "it's been on sale before". There were a number of cookbooks on sale that cost a little bit more than the usual "$2.99US or less" and I would recommend you peruse the sale cookbooks on your own to see what is not being posted here.

Two from Dorie Greenspan that have been sale before:

Dorie Greenspan's "Around My French Table: More than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours" Kindle Edition $2.99US

Dorie Greenspan's "Baking Chez Moi: Recipes from My Paris Home to Your Home Anywhere" Kindle Edition $2.99US

Bobby Flay's "Brunch at Bobby's: 140 Recipes for the Best Part of the Weekend" Kindle Edition $2.99US

"Martha Stewart's Cookies: The Very Best Treats to Bake and to Share" Kindle Edition $1.99US

"James Beard's Theory and Practice of Good Cooking" Kindle Edition $1.99US

Basic cooking techniques but well reviewed...300 recipes, I believe.

Padma Lakshmi's "The Encyclopedia of Spices and Herbs: An Essential Guide to the Flavors of the World" Kindle Edition $2.99US

A resource book. I don't think it includes any recipes. Reviews say the photos are great.

Giada De Laurentiis' "Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes" Kindle Edition $2.99US

Luca Manfé's "My Italian Kitchen: Favorite Family Recipes from the Winner of MasterChef Season 4 on FOX" Kindle Edition $1.99US

"Verdura: Vegetables Italian Style" Kindle Edition $1.99US

"The Berry Bible: With 175 Recipes Using Cultivated and Wild, Fresh and Frozen Berries" Kindle Edition $1.99US

"Not Your Mother's Make-Ahead and Freeze Cookbook Revised and Expanded Edition" Kindle Edition $2.99US

America's Test Kitchen's "The Complete Make-Ahead Cookbook: From Appetizers to Desserts 500 Recipes You Can Make in Advance" Kindle Edition $2.99US

"Cooking with Nonna" Kindle Edition $2.99US

From the Editors of Garden and Gun: "The Southerner's Handbook: A Guide to Living the Good Life" Kindle Edition $1.99US

The author gave me pause...essays from the magazine along with recipes.

"The Complete Mushroom Hunter" Kindle Edition $2.99US

"Roots: The Definitive Compendium with more than 225 Recipes" Kindle Edition $2.99US
Use the "Look Inside" feature to see the long list of recipes that are sorted by the vegetable used in the recipes.

Slightly more expensive but well-reviewed 
Rose Levy Beranbaum's "The Pie and Pastry Bible" Kindle Edition $3.99US

I am a US prime member and the price you see may vary.