• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

I am blaming @Toliver for this purchase, although he did not post it. The last ebook I bought from one of his posts, I had paged down and was looking at the other recommendations when I came across Nadia Hassani's Spoonsful of Germany, here

Now, I love German food like a fat kid loves cake. Purely love it. Can only eat it when I cook it, or when I go to Little Rock, as there's no German restaurant in Jonesboro and not a decent one I'm aware of in Memphis any more. (However, Little Rock does have The Pantry and its sister, Pantry Crest, which I highly commend to y'all should you ever find yourselves in Arkansas' capital city. And by the way, any of you who live in the Philadelphia area, the Austrian Village in Huntingdon Valley is absolutely superb. Red cabbage of the gods.) So I had to look. And I had to buy.

At $6.99, it's not an amazing bargain, but after looking through the sample, I decided it was worth the price. Cuisine in divided into regional dishes -- north, east, west, south. I have bookmarked so many pages it's ridiculous. And here it's about to get warm weather, when I don't cook a lot of German meals.

But I did order some King Arthur pumpernickel flour, and I'm going to try their pumpernickel recipe. There are a number of spreads, etc., in the book that will make good spring lunches.

Thanks, @Toliver

kayb

kayb

I am blaming @Toliver for this purchase, although he did not post it. The last ebook I bought from one of his posts, I had paged down and was looking at the other recommendations when I came across Nadia Hassani's Spoonsful of Germany, here

Now, I love German food like a fat kid loves cake. Purely love it. Can only eat it when I cook it, or when I go to Little Rock, as there's no German restaurant in Jonesboro and not a decent one I'm aware of in Memphis any more. (However, Little Rock does have The Pantry and its sister, Pantry Crest, which I highly commend to y'all should you ever find yourselves in Arkansas' capital city. And by the way, any of you who live in the Philadelphia area, the Austrian Village in Huntingdon Valley is absolutely superb. Red cabbage of the gods.) So I had to look. And I had to buy.

At $6.99, it's not an amazing bargain, but after looking through the sample, I decided it was worth the price. Cuisine in divided into regional dishes -- north, east, west, south. I have bookmarked so many pages it's ridiculous. And here it's about to get warm weather, when I don't cook a lot of German meals.

But I did order some King Arthur pumpernickel flour, and I'm going to try their pumpernickel recipe. There are a number of spreads, etc., in the book that will make good spring lunches.

Thanks, @Toliver