• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dave the Cook

Dave the Cook

3 hours ago, Paul Bacino said:

I have the RG...I think

Probably not ;). There's RM and GS (and one or two others), but no RG, as far as I know.

Checking out a few recipes, it seems that the usual dose is in the neighborhood of 1 - 1.3%, but most also imply that you need some stock or water along with the pureed protein. You also need to allow for setting time. Maybe this recipe will be useful.

ETA: when I've seen it done, the "injection" was done directly into boiling water, with a pastry bag and a tip appropriate for the shape desired..

Dave the Cook

Dave the Cook

3 hours ago, Paul Bacino said:

I have the RG...I think

Probably not ;). There's RM and GS (and one or two others), but no RG, as far as I know.

Checking out a few recipes, it seems that the usual dose is in the neighborhood of 1 - 1.3%, but most also imply that you need some stock or water along with the pureed protein. You also need to allow for setting time. Maybe this recipe will be useful.