• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

San Sebastián and Barcelona Oct '17

scubadoo97

If you have local transport options (e.g. a rental car) in San Sebastian, you need to go to Asador Etxebarri. It's about one hour drive and has been one of the most memorable restaurants of my life. Barbecued meats and seafood in the middle of nowhere ...

• Like 1

I second @Duvel's recommendation.  My wife and I were in Barcelona/San Sebastian several years ago - it was an amazing food trip - and Etxebarri was a major highlight, which is saying something because some of the other highlights were El Bulli and Can Roca!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubadoo97 said:

Wasn't planning on renting a car.  Hoping public trans and cab/ ride sharing would fill the void.  But is an option. Sounds like an experience not to be missed 

I think using the bus would be quite the journey. The place is really in a tiny village in the mountains. Cab yes - but it's 75 km / 1h. Maybe there are hired cars for the day / Uber that would be cheaper. In all cases, you should definitely not miss it :)

Edited by Duvel
typo (log)