• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

rotuts

Chamber VacSealers w oil pump : your take ?

rotuts   

I have the VacMaster 215 

and it really suits me well 

however ,  anything new in this type of Vac ?

i hope to recumbent this to a friend  

but Id like to mentions what's the next upgrade to this ?

for completeness stake

i know that after the is Price Point it become Exponential  

no matter to me 

Im very fine with my VM 215

palo   

I have the vp112. Its biggest advantage is that it is 1/2 the weight of the vm 215. If its for moderate home use and you don't have a lot of game to be vaced and stored, I'd suggest you keep what you have. Mine has served me well for almost 5 years.

p

dscheidt   

Features the vp215 doesn't have, that some other machines of the same physical size (but not price) do:

1) controls that let you pull a particular vacuum level (instead of just by time)

2) gas back filling

3) the ability to seal retort pouches

After that, it's mostly size. 

I have a vp215.  I want a bigger machine a lot more often that I want the others.  (I also want my wife not to kill me in my sleep, so I have not looked at machines since I bought the vp215...) 

• Like 2

I bought the Polyscience because it is the only chamber vacuum sealer I could lift.  And that was a stretch.  Yes, I wish it had an oil pump.

• Like 1