• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Splatter screen/guard recommendation!?

Martin Fisher

9 hours ago, lindag said:

I have the 13” AC splatter screen which is a great product.  Don't worry, it will come out of the d/w looking like new.

Although I don't use mine much (because I avoid frying inside due to the grease), when I do use it it I does a great job.

Indeed, it came out like new.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

• 1 year later...

Has anyone had any experience with something like this:

Premium Silicone Splatter Screen with Folding Handle, Heat Resistant Pan Cover/Strainer, Protects Skin from Burns - Splatter Guard for Cooking and Frying, 11.4 Inch

Just wondering if the silicone might capture more grease. Sometimes I find that the metal screen (s) I have (similar to many linked above - I think I  bought the 3 piece set way back when, as I seem to have 2 pieces left) doesn't do much.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I have an Oxo, like this https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Stainless-Splatter-Screen-Folding/dp/B00FS7ACK8/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=splatter+screen+for+frying+pan+oxo&qid=1563239129&s=gateway&sr=8-9

and find it to work really well and cleans up nicely in the dishwasher....it is nice and big to cover most of my large pans.

• Like 1