• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

I am adding an addendum. Last night my granddaughter asked me to make something for a bake sale. I decided on cinnamon elephant ears. I preheated my oven at least as long as I did yesterday.   Foolishly, I did not check the temperature. The elephant ears were a complete disaster.  I then spent many hours trying to figure out what was happening with my oven.  I am no wiser. Sometimes it reaches some temperature sometimes it's 150°F lower than it should be. Seems to be much worse if I use convection bake than if I use it without the fan.  It has always been so reliable and trustworthy that I am quite devastated.   I have quickly made a batch of brownies for her using my Breville Smart Oven. 

Anna N

Anna N

I am adding an addendum. Last night my granddaughter asked me to make something for a bake sale. I decided on cinnamon elephant ears. I preheated my oven at least as long as I did yesterday.   Foolishly, I did not check the temperature. The elephant ears were a complete disaster.  I then spent many hours trying to figure out what was happening with my oven.  I am no wiser. Sometimes it reaches some temperature sometimes it's 150°F lower than it should be. Seems to be much worse if I use convection bake than if I use it without the fan.  It has always been so reliable and trustworthy that I am quite devastated.   I have quickly made a batch of brownies for her.