• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cakewalk

cakewalk

This thread made me think of these old stove top aluminum percolators. These are a six-cup and a two-cup. When I would visit my father (he passed away almost 20 years ago) I'd always make a pot of coffee in the larger one. He swore by them, said they made the best coffee ever. Not so sure about that, but they really weren't bad. You really have to work out your timing - let it perk for 5 minutes? Six? I always loved watching the color change in the glass cap as the coffee brewed. Maybe I'll try the two-cup today.

ETA: I just had a cup I made in the two-cup percolator. Brewed for six minutes. As Dale Cooper would say, it was a damn fine cup of coffee.

coffee pots.jpg

cakewalk

cakewalk

This thread made me think of these old stove top aluminum percolators. These are a six-cup and a two-cup. When I would visit my father (he passed away almost 20 years ago) I'd always make a pot of coffee in the larger one. He swore by them, said they made the best coffee ever. Not so sure about that, but they really weren't bad. You really have to work out your timing - let it perk for 5 minutes? Six? I always loved watching the color change in the glass cap as the coffee brewed. Maybe I'll try the two-cup today.

coffee pots.jpg