• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SusieQ

SusieQ

On 8/7/2017 at 6:36 AM, kayb said:

Well, that's just the flight. On the other hand, the food courts at the train stations are the most amazing thing in the world. I have to get to the station an hour early to decide what to take on the train with me! So much good stuff!

Oh, I've got this absolutely beautiful book that I've drooled over many a time! The photos are stunning. I bought it at least 20 years ago. I just hope that by the time I finally make it to Japan, they'll still have these regional bentos to take on the trains! 

image.png.a86ecd7a260fc3c73ad6ba1f0823b8a5.png

SusieQ

SusieQ

Well, that's just the flight. On the other hand, the food courts at the train stations are the most amazing thing in the world. I have to get to the station an hour early to decide what to take on the train with me! So much good stuff!

Oh, I've got this absolutely beautiful book that I've drooled over many a time! The photos are stunning. I bought it at least 20 years ago. I just hope that by the time I finally make it to Japan, they'll still have these to take on the trains! 

SusieQ

SusieQ

Oh, I've got this absolutely beautiful book that I've drooled over many a time! I bought it at least 20 years ago. I just hope that by the time I finally make it to Japan, they'll still have these to take on the trains!