• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

RIP Holly Moore

cdh

An eGulleteer from the earliest days, Holly Moore has passed away. (or so lots of people on FB have announced today)  I have fond memories of sitting with him at the Heartland Gathering in PHL when we ate at Zahav.  Fantastic foodie all around.  Sad to hear he is no more.

• Like 5

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

We had great fun doing the New England Fried Clams: Shacks and Restaurants thread (5 pages) back in 2005.  Perhaps we should do a memorial round this summer? He would love that!

• Like 3

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com

• 1 month later...

I logged in here after not having logged in for a while to see this message. I never personally knew Holly, but remember his post. I am saddened to hear this. 

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child