• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Plastic wrap

lindag

40 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I just ordered the Stretch-tite dispenser from amazon and noticed they had the wrap for $5.99 so I stocked up.  Then I noticed the wrap @$5.99 was only 250 square feet.  I canceled the wrap, but I wonder if that is a good price or a bad price compared to what you are seeing?

I just checked Amazon.ca  2 rolls of 750 sq. Feet is listed at $29.94 plus $9.94 shipping for a lofty total of $39.88.  The dispenser will set you back $50.55 but shipping is FREE!  I'd hop across the border to Ogdensburg but there are no Costcos in that general area.  

2 hours ago, ElsieD said:

I just checked Amazon.ca  2 rolls of 750 sq. Feet is listed at $29.94 plus $9.94 shipping for a lofty total of $39.88.  The dispenser will set you back $50.55 but shipping is FREE!  I'd hop across the border to Ogdensburg but there are no Costcos in that general area.  

Wow.  I paid $18.46 for the dispenser, with of course free shipping.  And there was an even cheaper option.

Still, your price for wrap is less expensive than the small rolls I almost ordered.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

I believe I posted this last night, but as Chris said the post may have been eaten in the forum upgrade.  Anyhow, I got my Wrap'N Snap 7500.  Works quite well but seems rather complex.  Couldn't figure out how to take the thing apart and the instructions were inside.   But eventually I got everything together.  At least I didn't cut myself.

The downside is one not supposed to store the dispenser next to the stove, which is where I always kept my roll of Stretch-tite.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

FWIW...

• Like 2

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!