• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Precision induction: Tasty Onetop

cdh

7 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Someone needs a lesson in the value of managing expectations!

Indeed.  I hate b.s. so when I got the old "trying to send this week and it's Chrismas and so busy" crap I decided to write them a pithy but polite note.  If nothing else, I got a reply from someone higher up on the pecking order.  We'll see if it does me any good.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Apparently, that's exactly what they're getting. 

• Like 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

On 12/12/2017 at 9:35 AM, blue_dolphin said:

One of the things I always try to talk to my proposal clients about is underpromising and overdelivering. Much better than the other way around, as it seems like someone's learning, the hard way.

• Like 2

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

3 minutes ago, CanadianHomeChef said:

Checked my FedEx shipping number. It's being shipped directly from China.

Congratulations!  Do they give an estimated arrival date?  (I haven't received mine yet.  Boo hiss)

12/20/2017 by 8:00 pm.  Probably won't get it until after Christmas though as it still needs to shipped from Portland to Canada. I'll be in my current location until Christmas, but after that I'm heading to Calgary. Don't want to miss the arrival of the shipment, so I might put off part 2 of the journey. Will see what my shipping options are. 

Sizzle and Sear

Owner/Editor

https://www.sizzleandsear.com/

(I heard from my niece last night.  The unit arrived last Tuesday.  She forgot to tell me!!!  @rotuts I did not get anything remotely like the shipping notification that you got.  I did get a memo type thing saying a split shipment had been shipped.  It had a picture of the pots and pans on it so I ignored it thinking they were telling me about a shipment I had already received.  I feel like a trout, as the saying goes in these parts.  So, it's in Syracuse and we will either go and pick it up Tuesday or she will bring it up at Christmas.  It will get it's first test between Christmas and New Year's as I will make some oliebollen and maybe some appleflappen, two Dutch staples served New Year's Eve.  Sure hope it works as advertised.

• Like 3

Mine arrived with the glass top cracked in 3 places, boohoo! I am awaiting a reply from the Tasty folks as to what happened next. Hoping you all have better luck.

• Sad 1

"There are no mistakes in bread baking, only more bread crumbs"

*Bernard Clayton, Jr.