• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Precision induction: Tasty Onetop

cdh

On 11/15/2017 at 12:07 PM, ElsieD said:

Thanks, @rotuts  mine will get shipped to my niece's house in Syracuse but I should have it by Christmas.  You will likely get yours before me so I'll be eagerly awaiting to hear what you have to say about it.  Hope it's good.  I just thought of something.  Depending on when she gets it, and the weather, a trip to Syracuse may be in order.  I could likely squeeze in a trip to Trader Joe's!xD

Glad to see I'm not the only Canadian chomping at the bit for the OneTop! Getting mine shipped to my friend in Portland, and she's sending it up to me. Can't wait! I hope the dimensions of the burner that were emailed to me are true, as I find it hard to find a decent sized induction portable in Canada. 

• Like 2

Sizzle and Sear

Owner/Editor

https://www.sizzleandsear.com/

On the portable induction front, I was just in Ikea the other day and noticed that they are selling a very pretty portable induction  hob for $45...  Looks pretty spiffy. IKEA Tillreda induction cooktop

• Like 4

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

Just got this email.  Anyone else get one?

An Update On Your Order

Thanks again for reserving your Tasty One Top. We're excited to announce that your Tasty One Top is now preparing for shipment!

Here’s everything you need know:
  • Your cooktop will leave our warehouse by the first week of December. Typically, One Tops will be delivered within 3-5 days of receiving a tracking number.
  • Once the cooktop ships, you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking link so you can follow the delivery to your door. 
  • If you ordered the 4-Piece Premium Induction Cookware Set, the cookware will ship separately from the One Top. Be on the lookout for a second tracking number and two boxes!
  • Be sure to update to the latest version of the Tasty app!
Check out our Help Center to learn all the secrets to using your Tasty One Top. Questions about your order? E-mail us at help@tastyshop.com

Need some Tasty in your kitchen now? Visit tastyshop.com to order a cookbook today

Edited by ElsieD
Fixed typo (log)

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, rotuts said:

Nada here still.

:sad:

I had a few back and forth e-mails with them today.  They have assured me that all orders placed before September 4th are being shipped this week.  I did politely point out that the end of this week is fast approaching.:D

Emailed them like 15 minutes ago, and just got this response:

"

Hey Tyler!

Your One Top is set to ship by the end of next week and is guaranteed to arrive by Christmas time!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Regards,
Brianna
The Tasty Team"

:) Although by the time it ships from Portland to Canada, it'll probabbly be after Christmas :(

Sizzle and Sear

Owner/Editor

https://www.sizzleandsear.com/

37 minutes ago, CanadianHomeChef said:

Emailed them like 15 minutes ago, and just got this response:

"

Hey Tyler!

Your One Top is set to ship by the end of next week and is guaranteed to arrive by Christmas time!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Regards,
Brianna
The Tasty Team"

:) Although by the time it ships from Portland to Canada, it'll probabbly be after Christmas :(

Where in Canada are you?  Maybe you need to drive down there and pick it up?  Mine is being shipped to Syracuse, N.Y.  about a 3 1/2 hour drive.  We shall be picking it up.

Ive not emailed them about mi unit

I think they will come when they do.

and its not going to be when they technically say.

that's not good nor bad.

a bit of hype in those emails , Eh ?

I do look forward to the first person that gets theirs

and 

Works their Unit over to give us all a Sneak Peak !

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wrote to them again and basically called them out on their shipping dates.  This is the reply I got.

"I'm Chris and I'm one of the leads here over at Tasty. You're absolutely right. So to be fair to you, I will give you an honest answer.

We're currently working overtime to get all orders shipped. As you can probably imagine the holidays are a brutal business. What I don't have is the exact delivery date at my fingertips. What I do know is every order prior to Nov 10th is currently processing and gearing to go out this week as stated before.

I understand that we've had a couple of setbacks and had to push our shipping dates back a bit but we're committed to getting these to people before Xmas who ordered prior to Nov 10th. I know it isn't the ideal answer, but it's 100% the truth of the matter.

I'm going to keep your ticket on hand and once I know something, you'll know something. Again, I apologize for the delays but if there is anything else I can answer for you please feel free to ask."

We'll see.

• Like 1