• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Field Skillet

lindag

It is not calling out to me. 

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Nope.

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

Let's see. $100.00 for an unproven (to me) CI pan or keep using my Griswold #8 that I restored after picking it up for under $10.00. There is what appears to be another Griswold #8 under the crud at one of my local thrift stores but for the moment I am not restoring any more CI.

• Like 1

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

I thoroughly don't see it coming to our house! We have several restored cast iron pans that do just fine that cost a whole lot less.

• Like 1

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.