• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jim D.

Jim D.

For the record,  there is a new message on the L'Epicérie website (quoted below). I have spent untold hours trying to locate alternate vendors, all at higher prices than L'Epicérie (the same pistachio paste is 50% higher at the only other vendor I found), and was going to have to order from multiple suppliers rather than this single one, so whereas I am a bit annoyed that the original message wasn't clearer, I am glad that prospects are looking better--though I would say far from a sure thing (e.g., the September 1 date has passed). I'm just hoping the "repair" of the website doesn't result in all prices being 50% higher. That would be an unpleasant turn of events!

Dear Customer, 
The store is temporarily closed and will reopen hopefully by September 1st.

The site has now been repaired and we are in the process of moving to a new and bigger warehouse.
We will resume our shipping as soon as the moving is completed and our warehouse
is fully functionning again.

Thank you for your understanding and please accept our sincere apologies for 
the inconvenience this may cause you.
L'Epicerie team

Jim D.

Jim D.

For the record,  there is a new message on the L'Epicérie website (quoted below). I have spent untold hours trying to locate alternate vendors, all at higher prices than L'Epicérie (the same pistachio paste is 50% higher at the only other vendor I found), and was going to have to order from multiple suppliers rather than this single one, so whereas I am a bit annoyed that the message wasn't clearer, I am glad that prospects are looking better--though I would say far from a sure thing (e.g., the September 1 date has passed). I'm just hoping the "repair" of the website doesn't result in all prices being 50% higher. That would be an unpleasant turn of events!

Dear Customer, 
The store is temporarily closed and will reopen hopefully by September 1st.

The site has now been repaired and we are in the process of moving to a new and bigger warehouse.
We will resume our shipping as soon as the moving is completed and our warehouse
is fully functionning again.

Thank you for your understanding and please accept our sincere apologies for 
the inconvenience this may cause you.
L'Epicerie team