• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Pressure Cooker Uses/Recipes

Franzisaurus_Rex

Just got a standalone, electric pressure cooker and am looking for some inspiration.  Have made stock (good), black beans (awesome!), and a whole chicken (very unhappy with results).  

What are your favorite recipes/uses for your pressure cooker?

Edited by Smithy
Adjusted title (log)

I use mine for stock mostly.  Usually chicken  backs carcasses after removing the other parts.  Just made corn stock the other day from a big bag of cobs.  Amazing how sweet it was.   Will use a PC for chickpeas when making hummus but with other beans like black beans I like to cook traditionally to infuse more flavor in them 

I don't have an electric pressure cooker but with my stove top Fisslers the most common tasks are dried beans in canning jars, potatoes, artichokes -- and of course thirty second green beans.

Oatmeal in the winter.

The pressure cooker is also great for rendering lard by the Modernist Cuisine technique.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Thank you @JoNorvelleWalker for 30 second green beans.  These are amazing.  I do them now this way all the time hovering over my IP until my timer goes off and I can immediately release the pressure.  I then throw then into a hot frying pan with some butter, salt, pepper, a pinch of sugar and a bit of freshly ground nutmeg, toss with tongs until butter is melted and serve.  Thus takes maybe 5 seconds and because It's so quick, the beans do not cook further.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...