• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Franci

6 months growing my business challenge

Franci   

Here I am, back with a full list of tasks ahead of me! 

New employee started last week, she needs a little bit of time to get familiar with the recipes. On Friday I went around in Manhattan with samples of cakes and  I was especially curious about the feedback on the new product. I brought it to a Italian friend of mine, he is a chef, working around  the East village and he loved it.  And I acquired one new customer on Friday. 

The videos are taking a lot of my time. My husband warned me. It's very slow to build followers and for now I've not had a great result also as traffic on the website. I feel all this requires either a big investment in terms of money or in terms of time. 

I also have a couple weeks time to write all I need for the ecommerce: product descriptions, shipping policy, terms and conditions...Ah,ah, the more I write down what need to be done, the more I am panicking  xD but really if I don't write it down it will take me months! 

• Like 13

rotuts   

thank you for taking the time to allow us to follow along

we ll, mostly Me !

suprise.gif.1dad7eb0a6e0b7827d612cc794c6e2d6.gif

I know that you will be very successful at some point.

• Like 4

Some of you eG members who would like to help Franci and are members of Facebook, Pinterest or some of the other sites that allow you to share her videos, may want to go to her videos on YouTube. They are autofeeding now, so it would be easy to like them and share them with sites where you are a member. Just a suggestion, of course, but I feel that I'm not the only one who wishes our own Franci much success. These things start slowly, but once they take off on the web, it can become big quickly. We can help.

When I liked her video on YouTube a whole bar of different sites I could share it came up. Unfortunately, I'm not a member of any of them, but some people here that I think might want to help her are. :) 

• Like 4