• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

5. Selling the cakes. I am the one that does all the selling. So far, I've loaded myself with cakes on Friday and dropped off cakes everywhere in Brooklyn and Manhattan. These couple months have been to busy for me to do that. But I need to start again by the end of August when work will pick up again. 

Brooklyn and Manhattan are very, very different markets. I had such an easier time selling in  Brooklyn. The buyer of Zabars told me: they don't know money in Brooklyn...and he is most likely right. He said to me, without even trying, that my cake was most likely delicious but too expensive for them. 

So, totally a much more difficult market in Manhattan for me. So far there are only 2 places in the city that regularly, every week, always carry my products. So my followers know where to find them but to get into new places it's pretty tough. I am guessing I'll have to get into more restaurants in Manhattan so during my holidays in Florida, I'll work on making my own map. 

The difficult part is also that I cannot get in any places but I'll get in only in the places that are in line with the image I have in my mind: upscale supermarkets, butchers and restaurants. 

The good thing is that my new product will have a much longer shelf life than the cake which will open some doors that have been close until now. 

Franci

Franci

5. Selling the cakes. I am the one that does all the selling. So far, I've loaded myself with cakes on Friday and dropped off cakes everywhere in Brooklyn and Manhattan. These couple months have been to busy for me to do that. But I need to start again by the end of August when work will pick up again. 

Brooklyn and Manhattan are very, very different markets. I had such an easier time selling in  Brooklyn. The buyer of Zabars told me: they don't know money in Brooklyn...and he is most likely right. He said to me, without even trying, that my cake was most likely delicious but too expensive for them. 

So, totally a much more difficult market in Manhattan for me. So far there are only 2 places in the city that regularly, every week, always carry my products. So for my followers know where to find them but to get into new places it's pretty tough. I am guessing I'll have to get into more restaurants in Manhattan so during my holidays in Florida, I'll work on making my own map. 

The difficult part is also that I cannot get in any places but I'll get in only in the places that are in line with the image I have in my mind: upscale supermarkets, butchers and restaurants. 

The good thing is that my new product will have a much longer shelf life than the cake which will open some doors that have been close until now. 

Franci

Franci

5. Selling the cakes. I am the one that does all the selling. So far, I've loaded myself with cakes on Friday and dropped off cakes everywhere in Brooklyn and Manhattan. These couple months have been to busy for me to do that. But I need to start again by the end of August when work is picking up again. 

Brooklyn and Manhattan are very, very different markets. I had such an easier time selling Brooklyn. The buyer of Zabars told me: they don't know money in Brooklyn...and he is most likely right. He said to me, without even trying, that my cake was most likely delicious but too expensive for them. 

So, totally a much more difficult market in Manhattan for me. So far there are only 2 places in the city that regularly, every week, always carry my products. So for my followers know where to find them but to get into new places it's pretty tough. I am guessing I'll have to get into more restaurants in Manhattan so during my holidays in Florida, I'll work on making my own map. 

Franci

Franci

5. Selling the cakes. I am the one that does all the selling. So far, I've loaded myself with cakes on Friday and dropped off cakes everywhere in Brooklyn and Manhattan. These couple months have been to busy for me to do that. But I need to start again by the end of August when work is picking up again. 

Brooklyn and Manhattan are very, very different markets. I had such an easier time selling Brooklyn. The buyer of Zabars told me: they don't know money in Brooklyn...and he is most likely right. He said to me, without even trying, that my cake was most likely delicious but too expensive for them. 

Franci

Franci

So, totally a much more difficult market in Manhattan for me. So far there are only 2 places in the city that regularly, every week, always carry my products. So for my little cult know where to find them but to get into new places it's pretty tough. I am guessing I'll have to get into more restaurants in Manhattan so during my holidays in Florida, I'll work on making my own map. 

Franci

Franci

Brooklyn and Manhattan are very, very different markets. I had such an easier time selling Brooklyn. The buyer of Zabars told me: they don't know moneys in Brooklyn...and he is most likely right. He said to me, without even trying, that my cake was most likely delicious but too expensive for them. 

So, totally a much more difficult market in Manhattan for me. So far there are only 2 places in the city that regularly, every week, always carry my products. So for my little cult know where to find them but to get into new places it's pretty tough. I am guessing I'll have to get into more restaurants in Manhattan so during my holidays in Florida, I'll work on making my own map. 

Franci

Franci

Brooklyn and Manhattan are very, very different markets. I had such an easier time selling in Manhattan. The buyer of Zabars told me: they don't know moneys in Brooklyn...and he is most likely right. He said to me, without even trying, that my cake was most likely delicious but too expensive for them.