Yes, definitely Kenneth! The other guy that is working with me is like that. We go along very well, he is very reliable, maniac obsessive and very proud of his work: like me . Very hard to find another person like that.
To resume the list.
3. I've started my cooking videos so there is a lot to do also on that side. Now that I took other 8 videos, I am waiting for the editing and meet up for final check. Then, I am rewriting my recipes very carefully for my website and passing to a person that just edit my bad English grammar . This needs to be done before I go to Florida, on August 5. At least the video editing and a couple written recipes to cover me until I get back.
Also I'll have to experiment for other 4 recipes for the next round of videos to shoot by the end of August, beginning of September at the latest.
4. I am starting to sell on line by the end of September. Just this, comes with it's own issues:
- Shipping solution. Some of you egulleters have been part of a little test. I thought I had a good idea to ship the cakes without compromising the apprearence but I was totally wrong. The cake crumbled in pieces. If I sacrifice the look and wrap the cake with a polypropylene sheet and then insert the bubble wrap the cake is shipped without breaking but the aesthetic of the cake suffers. A lot. It will require a lot of trials and money to fix the issue. A clamshell for example. But you need to make a custom mold...find a place that is not going to cost me an arm and leg and, as usual, that doesn't require to buy 1 million pieces.
- In the mean time I am thinking of shipping the limoncello with no sugar, provide a small bag with some powder sugar for customers to dust their own cake for a fresh look. I will also leave the option to buy on my web site the same stencil I use for my cake and leave people the option of buying it. It's one time investment. For the pistachio cake I need to find a sturdier glaze most likely a very, very thin layer of royal icing slightly flavored with orange oil. The one I am using now it's too fragile for shipping.
- Setting up the online shop. All the technical aspect of it and also getting organized for the shipping itself. We'll start shipping only in the area where ground shipping is done in one day. After a couple months, before Christmas, once we have mastered it I can broaden the shipping to 3 days ground shipping.