• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Foodblog Fanfare

Smithy

Foodblogs are wonderful things, aren't they? We are lucky when adventuresome and ambitious members take us along with them on their travels. Recent examples are when @KennethT shared with us his Week in coastal Central Vietnam foodblog, while @Anna N and @Kerry Beal have been Kicking back in Manitoulin.  

Once in a while, an intrepid member pops up and offers in advance to show us a week in her (or his) life through the lens of food, AND we get to guess the where and when before it begins. So it is today.

Our next foodblogger has delightful food and scenery to share with us for a week, beginning Tuesday, July 25. You might call this first clue an Establishment Shot, featuring wide open spaces.

IMG-20170204-WA0006.thumb.jpg.bb0234f50e21caa7c4f32c94fb4f85a4 (1).jpg

Put your thinking caps on.

• Like 8

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

he has also posted in the dinner thread showing dishes with ingredients I've never had and never will.  Caviar, truffles. blue lobsters from, Scotland.

• Like 1

"A fool", he said, "would have swallowed it". Samuel Johnson

1 minute ago, Arey said:

he has also posted in the dinner thread showing dishes with ingredients I've never had and never will.  Caviar, truffles. blue lobsters from, Scotland.

Yes, he put up some amazing plates.

• Like 2

I'll post another clue later this evening, unless dinner proves too much a distraction. Keep guessing. :)

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

This blogger is not allergic to shellfish...and, in case my last post was not clear, has not been named yet.

WP_20160417_18_00_47_Pro.thumb.jpg.bd2b040ff6f2376fe4d228e834979676.jpg

8 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Is it @BonVivant ?

I can see why you might think so, but no. 

Here is an excerpt from the next image.  I'll post the entire image later today.

20170723_065525.jpg

• Like 1

It's always fun to try to identify an object from an image of a small section.  Well, I find it entertaining.  Some people find it irritating.  I'll post the rest of that photo later today, but I'll wait a while to give others time to ponder the excerpt.

Our correspondent reports "...the best food from the land and sea..."

WP_20161114_19_03_31_Rich.thumb.jpg.33726ddef8399ae7b287a079bbaf9a16.jpg

11 minutes ago, Smithy said:

It's always fun to try to identify an object from an image of a small section.  Well, I find it entertaining.  Some people find it irritating.  I'll post the rest of that photo later today, but I'll wait a while to give others time to ponder the excerpt.

Our correspondent reports "...the best food from the land and sea..."

WP_20161114_19_03_31_Rich.thumb.jpg.33726ddef8399ae7b287a079bbaf9a16.jpg

Korean BBQ setup I'd say

I will throw my towel in with 

@HungryChris who just came off a cruise  and might be ready for some homegrown food. 

Edited by Anna N (log)

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

5 hours ago, Smithy said:

I can see why you might think so, but no. 

Here is an excerpt from the next image.  I'll post the entire image later today.

20170723_065525.jpg

Sumac has a fuzzy stem - but the rest of the foliage around doesn't look like sumac.

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

I will throw my towel in with 

@HungryChris who just came off a cruise  and might be ready for some homegrown food. 

That's also my guess.

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!