• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
haresfur

What are you sipping these days?

2 posts in this topic

We go on about cocktails and such but what are you sitting down with to sip on its own? Maybe with some liquid or solid water, maybe neat? A dash of something else, perhaps, who am I to make rules? I'm sure you know what I mean - for me it is something to contemplate, or keep me company while I contemplate the universe.

Today, I dug out my bottle of EL LADRÓN REPOSADO from Venus Spirits in Santa Cruz California. For me it is best in small amounts, neat. I am very happy.

el-ladron-reposado.jpg?format=750w

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

For me it always seems to be WhistlePig or Singani (the Bolivian grape spirit).  Or for a change, Del Maguey Tobala.  And not to forget Glendalough Mountain Strength Poitin.  I'd add absinthe but I am out of the green fairy.   Towards the fall I might choose 12 year Laird's.

In the closet there are unopened old Martinique and Jamaican rums.  They may or may not go into mai tai's.  The aged Pusser's and Gosling's I've tried for sipping I do not enjoy.

Should I choose something sweet most likely it is Chartreuse V.E.P.  The color depending on my mood.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0