• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Beef stew with beer

Kasia

Beef stew with beer.

Today, I would like to share with you the recipe for a beef stew with beer. I use Guinness, but you may use your favourite one.

Ingredients:
0.5kg of beef for the stew
200ml of Guinness
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
400g of small mushrooms
2 tomatoes
half a chili pepper
3 tablespoons of oil
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
2 bay leaves
3 juniper berries
salt and pepper

Spice the cubed beef with pepper and sprinkle with flour. Fry it in oil at a high temperature. Put the meat into a saucepan with a thick bottom. Don't clean the pan. Melt the butter in the pan and fry the sliced onion, garlic and diced chili pepper. Add the small mushrooms and fry for a while. Add the vegetables to the meat. Add the bay leaves, juniper berries and pour in the beer. Top up with water or bullion to cover the meat. Stew until the meat is soft. Blanch the tomatoes and peel them. Remove the core and cube the rest. Add it to the stew. Spice it up with salt and pepper.

Enjoy your meal!

DSC_0137a.jpg

DSC_0130a.jpg

Kasia Warsaw/Poland

www.home-madepatchwork.com

follow me on Facebook and Instagram