• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

rotuts

Amazon Prime Day - your loot ?

On 6/25/2019 at 12:35 PM, blue_dolphin said:

I have no idea how to do this on Amazon.ca but one way to do it on Amazon.com is to go to camelcamelcamel, enter the Amazon URL or ASIN to see a graph of prices over time with options to enter a target price and email in order to be notified when that price is reached.  

I've used it and it works.  Here's an example of what comes up when I enter B006UKLUFS for the Cuisinart ICE-100

camelcamelcamel are great, but in past years, amazon has not made the prime day pricing available to third parties (there are other tracking sites, too).  So they won't know if there's a prime day deal on what you're looking for.  I see no reason they'd change that. 

Amazon is doing "Early Prime Day" deals in Grocery.  I snagged some Santo Amaro Portuguese canned tuna and sardines at a very good price.

• Like 1

Just managed to pick up a mincer attachment for my kitchenaid - normally £85, reduced to £25. I’ve wanted one of these for ages but never quite given in to the desire. Glad I waited now

Edited by &roid (log)

Bought something (not food/kitchen related) for DH that he needed, was a good price but the promised "same day delivery" was changed to 2 days later on my email order acknowledgement. Last Prime order which was supposed to be next day was pushed to 2 days. I know if I complain I may get some credit (probably not during Prime Days due to large order volume) but it is annoying. At this point the benefit of Prime membership other than free shipping is the discounts at Whole Foods (which I do use pretty often). I know I've made back the cost.

• Like 1

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

when Ive had a problem w Amazon , 800 number , they have been very accommodating 

no harm if trying

I bought a copy of Marc Vetri's Mastering Pizza.

I had intended to order it through the amazon app but I forgot.

• Like 1