• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amazon Prime Day - your loot ?

rotuts

A kind of not so obvious kitchen tool that is really useful to me is these neodymium hooks.   I use them on metal surfaces (fridge, range, etc....) to hang all kinds of kitchen accoutrements, like tongs.   Prime day price is really good for these and they have uses just about everywhere you can have a metal surface.

• Like 2

Yikes !

Improve your Food Photography for eG :

https://petapixel.com/2019/07/17/amazon-accidentally-sold-13000-camera-gear-for-100-on-prime-day/

see , this makes it topic related

anyone get a few of these ?

Amazon is said to fulfill the orders , and they were price matched at BestBuy 

????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Kitchen related, I got a pack of 2 stick up LED puck lights for under my kitchen cabinets. I have dark quartz countertops and at night the overhead light doesn’t do enough. They are rechargeable via usb outlet, as I hate the waste of disposable batteries.

• Like 2

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

I bought a ThermoPen digital meat thermometer and "The Food of Taiwan: Recipes from the Beautiful Island". I used a Prime Day $10 coupon for the book. I wanted Fuschia Dunlop's "Land of Fish & Rice" but it wasn't eligible for the coupon, sadly. 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2019 at 9:42 AM, ElsieD said:

They are all gone.  There is a waitlist.

I also saw the deal after it was too late. Luckily, Wal-Mart was also swlling it for 90. Snagged one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On day 2 of this year's Prime extravaganza, I looked through the deals and ordered a few household items that were Prime deals at very good prices (non-stick aluminum foil, 2.5 gallon zip-top bags, Method foaming soap refills, etc.) for a total of ~ $24 in "discounts"  and ordered Pok Pok Noodles with the $5 book deal.  Last week, I got an email saying the order would be a couple of days late.  Today, I got an email saying the package had been returned by the shipper and a refund would be issued and I should place a new order - yeah, at full prices!  

Sheesh!

Ive had heated discussion w J.B. about this.

customer service is remarkably good , considering the volume.

Ive insisted on it.

and we both agree : no dividend.  Ive had to twist his arm from time to time.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

On day 2 of this year's Prime extravaganza, I looked through the deals and ordered a few household items that were Prime deals at very good prices (non-stick aluminum foil, 2.5 gallon zip-top bags, Method foaming soap refills, etc.) for a total of ~ $24 in "discounts"  and ordered Pok Pok Noodles with the $5 book deal.  Last week, I got an email saying the order would be a couple of days late.  Today, I got an email saying the package had been returned by the shipper and a refund would be issued and I should place a new order - yeah, at full prices!  

Sheesh!

I recently read a review of Pok Pok Noodles and it's just as well.  Save the $5 for something else.

Can't for the life of me remember where I read the review.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Sheesh!

I think this would be arguable with Amazon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 10:26 PM, Vapre said:

Keep an eye here:

https://www.rcwilley.com/Appliances/Small-Kitchen-Appliances/Other/111161703/FirstBuild-Paragon-Induction-Cooktop-View

It's an induction hub with a Bluetooth probe/mat for semi-precision temperature feedback. I got a second backup unit from them in May when it was $99. Worth it. Not currently worth $350. Hopefully it will drop again.

It's at $99.

• Like 1

Speaking of which I have to love amazon pricing.  Today is payday and I ordered a Berndes pan* for $77.00 that had been about $160.00.  Immediately the amazon price jumped to $120.89.  I had never heard of Berndes but they seem to be well regarded on eGullet.

*mainly because I fancied the glass lid for another purpose.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

17 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Thanks.  Life has not been going well so I needed a bit of retail therapy.

Hope you like it! I'm a fan. Also, hope things look up.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Im not a fan of paying twice.

I am not an Amazon Prime Member

as I don't choose to pay for a fee

that gets me stufff I don't really need 

for me a Amazon they offered me a Free 30 day prime menbership

OK

Soooo

seamy good deals

Id like o hear about it.

for 29 days 

cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

Im not a fan of paying twice.

I am not an Amazon Prime Member

as I don't choose to pay for a fee

that gets me stufff I don't really need 

for me a Amazon they offered me a Free 30 day prime menbership

OK

Soooo

seamy good deals

Id like o hear about it.

for 29 days 

cheers

Well, the Breville Joule 1100 Watt circulator is now on sale for $159.99 instead of $249.99.... Credit goes to @lindag for pointing out this deal here.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Prime Pantry deal on King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour if you want to stock up.

5 lb. priced @ $3.68.   Cheaper than local Walmart price in my area

Then there's a 20% coupon to clip.   It looks like this is only applied to 1 bag of flour per order. 

Then if you buy 5 you get additional 5% off, buy 10 get additional 10%, buy 15 get additional 15%.   You can buy 5,10, or 15 of various and assorted things and get the discounts,  This stepped discount ends 11/30/19

Caveat: for free shipping you must have a minimum of $35 in your Pantry box.

I tested all the max discounts with a qty of 15 bags in my cart and it looks like it came out to $3.13 per bag, delivered.  Not a bad price for bread flour to the door.

Edit:  It looks like all the King Arthur flours on Prime Pantry have a 20% coupon, ie, organic, cake, gluten free......

Edited by lemniscate (log)
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

"Amazon is delaying Prime Day, its giant shopping extravaganza, until at least August"

Amazon is delaying Prime Day, its annual shopping extravaganza, until at least August, as the online retail giant scrambles to adjust its operations to the coronavirus pandemic, according to a Reuters report on Friday.

Amazon typically holds the event every July.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Or, Amazon is making so much money right now that they don't need to create a giant sale (discount period).

I've ordered a couple of things from Amazon recently and the shipping dates are longer than normal. They're busy. I feel sorry for the employees.

• Like 1

Amazon has already said they will currently only fill "essential" orders and the rest can wait. I've stopped all my orders until saner times.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver