• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amazon Prime Day - your loot ?

rotuts

On 6/25/2019 at 12:35 PM, blue_dolphin said:

I have no idea how to do this on Amazon.ca but one way to do it on Amazon.com is to go to camelcamelcamel, enter the Amazon URL or ASIN to see a graph of prices over time with options to enter a target price and email in order to be notified when that price is reached.  

I've used it and it works.  Here's an example of what comes up when I enter B006UKLUFS for the Cuisinart ICE-100

camelcamelcamel are great, but in past years, amazon has not made the prime day pricing available to third parties (there are other tracking sites, too).  So they won't know if there's a prime day deal on what you're looking for.  I see no reason they'd change that. 

Just managed to pick up a mincer attachment for my kitchenaid - normally £85, reduced to £25. I’ve wanted one of these for ages but never quite given in to the desire. Glad I waited now

Edited by &roid (log)
  • Like 1

Bought something (not food/kitchen related) for DH that he needed, was a good price but the promised "same day delivery" was changed to 2 days later on my email order acknowledgement. Last Prime order which was supposed to be next day was pushed to 2 days. I know if I complain I may get some credit (probably not during Prime Days due to large order volume) but it is annoying. At this point the benefit of Prime membership other than free shipping is the discounts at Whole Foods (which I do use pretty often). I know I've made back the cost.

• Like 1

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

I bought a copy of Marc Vetri's Mastering Pizza.

I had intended to order it through the amazon app but I forgot.

• Like 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

3 hours ago, rotuts said:

when Ive had a problem w Amazon , 800 number , they have been very accommodating 

no harm if trying

I used the Live Chat last week on a Business order shipping to our office and wound up getting the whole order credited, I have no complaint about their customer service from that perspective. BTW, a member of my extended family is in management at one of their "hubs" and he was sent to an "under performing" location to help with order processing. All hands on deck.

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

I havent checked the new feed today

was there something about a strike during the 2 days ?

not a lot of purchasing here

maybe you are liike me :  already have what your need.

inc reserves and reserve reserves of Vital Edquitment.

Only thing I've bought is a Roku to replace one lost in the move. I honestly can't think of much else I want or need that I don't have.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

No Amazon food/cooking purchases in line for me today but I might spend a few bucks anyway.  I've been reading books on my iPad and am considering trying a dedicated e-reader so today's Kindle paperwhite price looks appealing.  And I might order another Dot for the garage where my laundry is located.  I've got a Sonos speaker out there already and the addition of voice commands would be handy.  

Whole Foods had organic, free-range, air-cooled chickens for $2.19/lb so I went over and got one to qualify for the WF $10 off Prime Day deal.   Spend $10 at Whole Foods from July 3-16 and get $10 off on Amazon today and tomorrow.  Not sure if I got a free chicken or $10 off a kindle or neither 🙃

Eat Your Books has added print cookbooks that are Prime Day deals today to their usual list of Kindle bargain books. The ones I looked at don't seem overly amazing deals.  About five bucks off on Six Seasons, for example. Worth taking advantage of if you were already considering it but they're not giving stuff away. 

EYB also mentions the promo code PRIMEBOOK19 to save $5.00 when you spend $15.00 or more on Books offered by Amazon.com.  Not sure if that works in other countries but it's listed under the US section so perhaps not.

I noticed that a cookbook I'd had in my cart for about a week suddenly went up $5 in price yesterday.  I'm curious if it will drop back down again after Prime Day.  

• Like 1

Speaking of books, as I was eyeing a certain baking book I spied an upcoming prime day deal on Mo Williams' Waiting Is Not Easy!

so far........just another Viancin silicone lid as only cooking related purchase today.   I did get Portuguese tuna and sardines on an early Prime sale a few days ago.

But I did get my $10 Whole Food money last weekend to spend online.

I went to WF today for chuck roasts and picked up the buy 1/get 1 brown butter cookies Prime special, they are big cookies and full of chocolate chunks.  Brown butter flavor very forward to me. 

• Like 1

I got an assortment of 48 single serve Kellogg's cereals - regular price $15.34 - Prime day price $9.97.

3 16 ounce jars of Jif creamy peanut butter - I guess the regular price is $6.66 ! Not a prime deal but there was a "Honey coupon" on checkout that reduced the cost to $4.81

Just after midnight I ordered my regular tummy med. Famotidine 200 count. $9.98 and was surprised to find on checkout

"Prime Savings: $2.96  so the total was 6.92 and then .66¢ tax.

The other item, 10 pounds Domino sugar  $6.46  was not discounted but I need it and it is cheaper than locally, when I can find it.  Walmart's store brand sugar is cheaper but it is also not as fine.  This is not quite "superfine" but it dissolves much faster.  

• Like 4

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

I jumped on the prime day deal for The Baking Bible.  When I entered the ISBN into Eat Your Books, I was told that The Baking Bible book had already been entered in my bookshelf.  Yes, I own it.  Amazon let me cancel.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Okanagancook said:

I've done something similar with a different book...only it got delivered....my brother got it for his birthday. 🙂

I can't remember the last time I bought a dead tree book. I'm so happy with my Samsung tablet as a Kindle reader I may never buy another DT book.

• Like 1

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

8 hours ago, Porthos said:

I can't remember the last time I bought a dead tree book. I'm so happy with my Samsung tablet as a Kindle reader I may never buy another DT book.

A point of pedantry, perhaps, but you don't "buy" an ebook as a rule. You purchase the rights to use it, which may or may not remain yours with the passage of time. That's why my general feeling is that a book worth owning must be purchased in hardcopy form.

This is a terrible inconvenience at moving day, I'll grant you, and at that I move more than most people, but I like having my own modest reference/entertainment library against the day when all the world is not a Google search away.

• Like 4

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

I bought a copy of Vegetables Illustrated on a lightning deal yesterday, and applied the $10 Whole Foods credit and the $5 PRIMEBOOK19 coupon, so total cost was $4.18, I think.  I also got a new grill scraper because my current one is worn out.  I went to Whole Foods again yesterday, so I think I might have another $10 credit to use today if anything interesting pops up.

10 hours ago, Porthos said:

I can (almost) not remember the last time  I bought an e-book...for me they're all audiobooks now.  Love, love, love listening as today's fabulous narrators bring a whole new dimension to the stories.

I did buy a softcover craft book recently but that was the first physical book I've bought in years.,

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, liamsaunt said:

I bought a copy of Vegetables Illustrated on a lightning deal yesterday, and applied the $10 Whole Foods credit and the $5 PRIMEBOOK19 coupon, so total cost was $4.18, I think.  I also got a new grill scraper because my current one is worn out.  I went to Whole Foods again yesterday, so I think I might have another $10 credit to use today if anything interesting pops up.

Well I missed the lightning deal which was most likely for a hardcopy anyway but you piqued my interest. I need something to read and for $9.99 Canadian (for the Kindle edition) I have now scratched that itch. Thank you.

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

33 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

They are all gone.  There is a waitlist.

hmmm...I wonder if you could still get it but it'll take longer 

I wonder who doesn't have it already and what alternative they must be using?  

Maybe robocoup for me one day if mine ever breaks