• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amazon Prime Day - your loot ?

rotuts

Being on vacation helped me avoid Prime Day for the most part. I did look, once, at the price on hand mixers, the only thing I was really in the market for. No big deals, so I passed.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

• 10 months later...

Didn't want to start another discussion just yet, but this year's Amazon Prime Day is rumored to be one month away (it's rumored to be July 17).

Anyone make a shopping list yet? :rolleyes:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

2 hours ago, Toliver said:

Didn't want to start another discussion just yet, but this year's Amazon Prime Day is rumored to be one month away (it's rumored to be July 17).

Anyone make a shopping list yet? :rolleyes:

Oh, dear God. Given what I've spent on Amazon in the process of moving into this new house -- no.

Although an air fryer is a possibility if they have a helluva deal.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

4 minutes ago, kayb said:

Although an air fryer is a possibility if they have a helluva deal.

That's my thought on a Cuisinart Steam Oven - although I still don't know where I'd put it.

No, I have no shopping list. There are things on my Wish List, but given the quantity of stuff I need to round up and sell or give away it seems counterproductive to think about buying more.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

55 minutes ago, lemniscate said:

Maybe if they offer a smoking deal on a good quality basic induction hob I'd bite. 

What price range are you looking for?

11 hours ago, Vapre said:

What price range are you looking for?

$40-$60 I guess, I like my Max Burton so I'd like to stay with a brand I trust so far.  $40-$60 would be an extremely good deal on a Burton if its possible.

Blue sky prime day deal would be a Vacmaster chamber vacuum 210 or 215, one can hope.............................

I guess I should fire up my camelcamelcamel for watching those deals ahead of Prime Day.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, lemniscate said:

$40-$60 I guess, I like my Max Burton so I'd like to stay with a brand I trust so far.  $40-$60 would be an extremely good deal on a Burton if its possible.

Blue sky prime day deal would be a Vacmaster chamber vacuum 210 or 215, one can hope.............................

I guess I should fire up my camelcamelcamel for watching those deals ahead of Prime Day.

Keep an eye here:

https://www.rcwilley.com/Appliances/Small-Kitchen-Appliances/Other/111161703/FirstBuild-Paragon-Induction-Cooktop-View

It's an induction hub with a Bluetooth probe/mat for semi-precision temperature feedback. I got a second backup unit from them in May when it was $99. Worth it. Not currently worth $350. Hopefully it will drop again.

A dumb question.  I am interested in buying a new ice cream maker, especially if they have one at a good price on the upcoming Prime Days.  I have heard people say they have put items on a "watch" list but I can't figure out how to do this.  Can someone tell me?

3 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Can someone tell me?

Camel Camel camel. Google it.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

7 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

A dumb question.  I am interested in buying a new ice cream maker, especially if they have one at a good price on the upcoming Prime Days.  I have heard people say they have put items on a "watch" list but I can't figure out how to do this.  Can someone tell me?

I have no idea how to do this on Amazon.ca but one way to do it on Amazon.com is to go to camelcamelcamel, enter the Amazon URL or ASIN to see a graph of prices over time with options to enter a target price and email in order to be notified when that price is reached.  

I've used it and it works.  Here's an example of what comes up when I enter B006UKLUFS for the Cuisinart ICE-100

396407415_Image6-25-19at10_36AM.jpg.4f1d9038c30de986ade6ee6cdcdb55de.jpg

Edited by blue_dolphin
to add example (log)

41 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

I have no idea how to do this on Amazon.ca

It’s the same.

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

What I do is put my items on amazon's "saved for later" list.  Every time I check my cart I get a notification what items have gone up or down in price.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou