• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amazon Prime Day - your loot ?

rotuts

18 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

@Toliver  What happens on Prime day?

Here are  some hints. 

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

43 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

@Toliver  What happens on Prime day?

Amazon Prime Day is supposed to celebrate the founding of the company by offering lots of deals for Prime members. I believe that there may be some deals for non-Prime shoppers, too.

The first Prime Day offerings were pretty much ridiculed by shoppers because they were so bad. So ensuing Prime Days offered better products and better deals.

Rumor has it that this year the newest version of the Instant Pot will be one of the Prime Day deals.

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

2 hours ago, kayb said:

But it'd likely be a fine day to buy a(nother) CSO....

Indeed.

And if I see a good price on a Braava robot mop my kitchen floor might thank me.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

There's a rumor that it'll be a "Prime week" this year, and it'll start on the 9th of July—who knows?

The only thing I'm seriously eyeing is a certain camera.

Edited by DiggingDogFarm (log)
  • Like 2

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

4 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Indeed.

And if I see a good price on a Braava robot mop my kitchen floor might thank me.

Damn.  Been watching the price on the  those for ages now.   Don’t know if I would ever actually spring for one. They are damn cute.

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

P.S.:  I think its very unlikely that a CSO will be on PrimeDay or any flash sale :

I don't think Cuisinart makes enough of them

and AMZN  probably has a minimum # of an item to put it on PrimeDay.

unlike the first few years where they juste got rid of Junk that was clogging their warehouses

of course you can get AMZN  third rate electronics   tablets , phones  

as they tether you to AMZN   which is the idea.

F.D.:  I own a remarkably small number of AMZN shares.

so goggle the stuff up folks !

5 hours ago, rotuts said:

I could not find a thread that was just about Amazon.   there is of course WF/AMZN

Im interesting id AMZN  as i interested in economics   

and how its changing " goods and services "

I ran into this :

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/whos-selling-steaks-off-truck-amazon-050537876.html

Ingenious marketing, hawking instant pots from the back of a roving truck.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Ingenious marketing, hawking instant pots from the back of a roving truck.

Everything old is new again. Things used to be flogged from the back of a buggy or a dray. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My 2004 eG Blog

On 6/13/2018 at 11:47 PM, DiggingDogFarm said:

There's a rumor that it'll be a "Prime week" this year, and it'll start on the 9th of July—who knows?

The only thing I'm seriously eyeing is a certain camera.

You are sort of correct with this. Last year, Prime Day started late on a Monday (I think I even came back to this board at that time to report that some items were already being reduced in price on the Monday eve). It ran all day Tuesday and ended some time on Wednesday. I think it's likely they might do the same this year as opposed to an entire week. 

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

I don't guess I'm in the market for anything significant this year. Had to buy a replacement coffee maker earlier this year, I'm still in the only-one-CSO and only-one-Instant-Pot camp. I could use a good hand mixer, for things I want to mix up in a hurry and not bother with the stand mixer. May look for one of those.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Last prime day I purchased an iLife A6 robot at about half price.  Highly recommended.  She keeps my Roomba company.

On 6/15/2018 at 10:58 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Last prime day I purchased an iLife A6 robot at about half price.  Highly recommended.  She keeps my Roomba company.

Expecting any little robots soon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, ElsieD said:

Did Amazon Prime day happen?

Funny you should mention this. No it hasn't happened, yet, and it might even be a week later than everyone else is predicting:

"It Looks Like Amazon Accidentally Leaked When Prime Day 2018 Is"

Amazon Prime Day, the online retailer’s big summer sale, will start on July 16, according to a banner that appeared briefly on the Amazon UK website.

The ad, spotted by TechRadar, notes that the event will last some 36 hours, which would be the longest Prime Day since the event’s launch two years ago. (Last year’s was a 30 hour event.) It would also be a notable shift from the company’s history of running Prime Day on the second Tuesday in July.

The news article mentions that the info leak came from Amazon UK and that doesn't necessarily mean Amazon US will have their Prime Day at the same time.

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

9 hours ago, BeeZee said:

Prime Day is 7/18, confirmed with an employee.

Coincidentally the same day my Social Security payment arrives.  Your tax dollars at work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://techcrunch.com/2018/07/02/a-bigger-amazon-prime-day-2018-arrives-july-16-with-more-deals-devices-and-longer-hours/

this is just a smoke screen 

or possible Smoke and Mirrors

to unload third rate A's electronics  

so you can be tethered for Life.

and I don't mind.

money-mouth.gif.2edbce8f71068f2c1c946db268dc3c23.gif

Edited by rotuts (log)

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

https://techcrunch.com/2018/07/02/a-bigger-amazon-prime-day-2018-arrives-july-16-with-more-deals-devices-and-longer-hours/

this is just a smoke screen 

or possible Smoke and Mirrors

to unload third rate A's electronics  

so you can be tethered for Life.

and I don't mind.

money-mouth.gif.2edbce8f71068f2c1c946db268dc3c23.gif

Prime day is up on the amazon site now.