• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amazon Prime Day - your loot ?

rotuts

when I buy " hardware "  I decide what i need,  and if i can afford it , consider the next similar item up the line.

Im not taking it back

but the 99  is so close to the 129  

thats 30 bucks for something else.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 2

I've been tempted by the Spiralizer that's $22+ US right now but I'm betting I'd never use it.

Also there's a really good discount on the Cuisinart 14 cup Food Processer right now; someone here was looking for one.

8 Qt. Instant Pot (click)ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B01B1VC13

Usually it's the 6 Qt. that's on sale for around $70 US. This price for the 8 Qt. version is about $40 off the regular price.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Last week my SIL was making feeble noises about the IP.  Her daughter has been suggesting that she get one which I enthusiastically endorsed.  I sent her a note this morning about Amazon Prime Day, pointing out of course, that she can join Prime for free for 30 days. She is now the proud owner of the 8 qt. IP!

Edited by ElsieD
Fixed a typo (log)
  • Like 5

You can get $5 off any (physical) book purchase of $15 or more with code PRIMEBOOKS17. I think you have to be a Prime member for the discount. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/A5LJRSC8ZS47S

The above doesn't apply to e-books, but I had some other discount that came through for me when I bought a couple of digital books today. Not sure if that is related to Prime Day, but I didn't need a code and it seemed to give me a $6 discount on the second book. 

• Like 1

Aha! There is a Prime Day e-book offer also. 

https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eBooks/b?ie=UTF8&node=17025012011&ref_=pe_2629530_245782890

Buy a Kindle eBook today, earn 40% credit back towards your next book, up to a maximum of $20. Offer valid only once per customer.

Credit must be redeemed by July 25, 2017. Credit can be redeemed on Print books sold by Amazon.com and Kindle eBooks.

You have to be a Prime member for this one and it's only good on the US site, I believe. 

Edited by FauxPas (log)

39 minutes ago, Toliver said:

8 Qt. Instant Pot (click)ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B01B1VC13

Usually it's the 6 Qt. that's on sale for around $70 US. This price for the 8 Qt. version is about $40 off the regular price.

I just bought one! So. Damn. Excited!!!  $99 CAD, arriving on Friday.  Woohoo! 

Now I need to find a spot to put it.....:P

• Like 4

Kitchen stuff I just bought:

A 3-sieve combo where the sieves range in size

A set of 3 different sized "spiders" 

A new kitchen timer (my old one just died)...nothing special but it was needed

A plastic wrap dispenser with a slide "cutter" button...for my mom who is "plastic wrap challenged" xD

I also bought, in a separate transaction, one of those spiky meat tenderizers, just because.

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

well

Nada for me

think of how much Ive saved !

but a bonanza for Amazon and Bezos   !

all the junk that will ball and chain you to Amazon forever

buttons, etc etc

very cheap   

bet that's what it was about this year.

some now have iPots  and circulators

very nice

I thought about the Instant Pot for a few instants, but then my husband got excited about the Cuisinart Ice-70 2 qt ice cream maker, so we got that Prime deal. We have an old model that takes up more space and is kinda slow, plus this one has 3 speed buttons for different treats. The only negative comments about it are about the noise, but it can't possibly be noisier than our old one. I also scored big on something else, but it isn't kitchen related. What a racket, engineered to hook you.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shelby said:

NICE!!!

Been thinking about it for a long time and then the planets aligned. :D

Now to see if Max ( see avatar ) will fit in 8 qts vs. original 2 qt. cooker. :blink::blink: 

Edited by DesertTinker
Corrected at to qt (log)
  • Like 3