• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

thurbers

thurbers

Edited to insert the dropped t in a name

Since I just jawed Amazon customer service into giving me the full Prime Day discount (thanks rotuts!), the Anova may have just won because of price and the ability to use it without pulling out a phone, etc. 

As for the Joule,  my largest pots are cast iron, with and without enamel coating so magnetic attachment is not a problem. Obviously if I move into the cooler or rubbermaid container it would be an issue, but as a newbie it is the cast iron for now. This may be one where I handle the items before returning, including how to store. 

And I get what Anna N is saying about Prime Day. If I hadn't planned on looking for a sous vide, I probably would have made do with the Whole Foods promotion. The crash, plus trying to figure out what is on sale has largely made it a pain. 

thurbers

thurbers

Since I just jawed Amazon customer service into giving me the full Prime Day discount (thanks Rotus!), the Anova may have just won because of price and the ability to use it without pulling out a phone, etc. 

As for the Joule,  my largest pots are cast iron, with and without enamel coating so magnetic attachment is not a problem. Obviously if I move into the cooler or rubbermaid container it would be an issue, but as a newbie it is the cast iron for now. This may be one where I handle the items before returning, including how to store. 

And I get what Anna is saying about Prime Day. If I hadn't planned on looking for a sous vide, I probably would have made do with the Whole Foods promotion. The crash, plus trying to figure out what is on sale has largely made it a pain.