• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

11 minutes ago, weinoo said:

ea340f1f0609b2a7c2678d90a81bf349.jpg

I keep a pair of these at the ready, next to my sink, at all times.  Makes it quick and painless to do a quick wash up of a big, dirty bowl, blender jar, etc.

I keep gloves next to the sink. My issue is lacking confidence that I get things truly clean and thoroughly rinsed . We don't even have a dish drainer in the kitchen.

ETA: I pre-wash by hand to remove most soiling, then use the express wash cycle on my Bosch dishwasher. The Bosch doesn't have a heating coil. It heats up the final rinse water and then lets the dishes dry by evaporation - uses less energy than a heating coil and is done in an hour.

Porthos

Porthos

8 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I keep a pair of these at the ready, next to my sink, at all times.  Makes it quick and painless to do a quick wash up of a big, dirty bowl, blender jar, etc.

I keep gloves next to the sink. My issue is lacking confidence that I get things truly clean and thoroughly rinsed . We don't even have a dish drainer in the kitchen.

ETA: I pre-wash by hand to remove most soiling, then use the express wash cycle on my Bosch dishwasher. The Bosch doesn't have a heating coil. It heats up the final rinse water and then lets the dishes dry by evaporation - uses less energy than a heating coil.

Porthos

Porthos

4 minutes ago, weinoo said: