• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2017 (Part 6)

rarerollingobject

23 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@Paul Bacino

what do you do with so much pasta ?  I make what I use

do you dry it ?  I rest it a couple hrs

if you cook right away , do you treat it as ' fresh HomeMade Pasta '  Yes

sonds like a foolish question , 

but when Ive made HomeMade , it had egg yolk in it.

would you Machine make pasta w eggs in it ?  I can doo  100% egg pasta too--no water/ 

I can see this as a really fine hobby-- gonna experiment with flavored pastas soon

for sure !

the web site is a bit clunky

is there a way to see all the dies ?  Yes go to the arcobaleno 18 and scroll the specs

just for fun

money-mouth.gif.7f4ed9d1cf3ff7a2c838c4cec4daf62e.gif

Its good to have Morels

58 minutes ago, mm84321 said:

Thanks, guys!

What lucky diners! Absolutely picture-perfect and I'm sure the flavors match. I'm particularly interested in that savory cheesecake. Any chance that you could share a recipe or make some suggestions as to the flavor and method? You are truly an artist.

Charlie gave me a chicken cookbook for Christmas. He thought it must have some good recipes in it because it was on the NYT best seller list.  After we looked through it, we realized that it was not the recipes that made it a best seller. The name of the book is 50 Shades of Chicken.  One of the recipes uses Tandoori seasoning and since Charlie really likes chicken from a local Indian restaurant, I made it for supper tonight. It was good but not a lot like the one from the restaurant. Charlie said he'd like to have it again. I cooked it in the steam oven and we had caramel apple tarts from Omaha Steaks with ice cream for dessert.

20171227_185608.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Norm Matthews said:

Charlie gave me a chicken cookbook for Christmas. He thought it must have some good recipes in it because it was on the NYT best seller list.  After we looked through it, we realized that it was not the recipes that made it a best seller. The name of the book is 50 Shades of Chicken.  One of the recipes uses Tandoori seasoning and since Charlie really likes chicken from a local Indian restaurant, I made it for supper tonight. It was good but not a lot like the one from the restaurant. Charlie said he'd like to have it again. I cooked it in the steam oven and we had caramel apple tarts from Omaha Steaks with ice cream for dessert.

I got the same book, from my daughter! Haven't tried any recipes yet. The accompanying text is a hoot, though.

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Our fridge is too full and in an effort to resolve the issue, dinner was a mixture of leftovers and the like. Smoked salmon, smoked salmon spread with crackers, sausage and red pepper quiche, egg salad and leftover ham. I had the last of the Already Taken DIPA with lunch, so I opened a fresh growler of Frank & Berry, yet another DIPA, which I think goes well with the combination.

HC

IMG_1625.thumb.JPG.353efd6b6a3633b268785a3fafb38927.JPGIMG_1626.thumb.JPG.0ff7d714709b78f1d8b5d80406baeb6a.JPGIMG_1627.thumb.JPG.570acb821a3a5071e856a2461b33a497.JPGIMG_1628.thumb.JPG.d5ccf3c653535c323a9d3fa7c67dd326.JPG

• Like 13

No hot water here, so leftovers.  Not particularly exciting but enough to stave off starvation and sobriety.

During dinner I read about cooking in Georgian homes that do not have running water.  It's now past 4:30 and I am contemplating the prospect of bed without a shower.

• Like 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

4 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

No hot water here, so leftovers.  Not particularly exciting but enough to stave off starvation and sobriety.

During dinner I read about cooking in Georgian homes that do not have running water.  It's now past 4:30 and I am contemplating the prospect of bed without a shower.

What happened to your water?

Did I miss an earlier mention of this?