• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

eGullet software broken

I do not celebrate holidays but tonight's dinner was chicken with nut sauce from Carla Capalbo's Tasting Georgia (p350), said to be a speciality of Restaurant Diaroni.  Here is the nut sauce just after incorporating the wine vinegar and before I gave up and transferred everything to the Waring and settled down to a mai tai and a Celebrex.  Just joking about the Celebrex but may reconsider before bed.  This pounding in a mortar business is overrated.

WalnutSauce12252017.png

ChickenWithWalnutSauce12252017.png

I may have overdone it with the Waring as the walnut sauce ended up the consistency of mayonnaise.  The chicken is rubbed with olive oil and baked with paprika, savory, and black pepper.  In addition to walnuts the sauce is garlic, coriander, marigold, fenugreek, and red pepper.

For anyone following along at home this is a far larger platter than I usually show.  They say Georgian meals last for hours which I can well believe.  I had a pomegranate I intended to serve but I gave up and went with cranberry instead.

Edit:  oh, and I forgot the bread.  I notice some of the pictures of Georgian meals show a couple of flat breads on the table and three or more raised breads.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

eGullet software broken

I do not celebrate holidays but tonight's dinner was chicken with nut sauce from Carla Capalbo's Tasting Georgia (p350), said to be a speciality of Restaurant Diaroni.  Here is the nut sauce just after incorporating the wine vinegar and before I gave up and transferred everything to the Waring and settled down to a mai tai and a Celebrex.  Just joking about the Celebrex but may reconsider before bed.  This pounding in a mortar business is overrated.

WalnutSauce12252017.png

I may have overdone it with the Waring as the walnut sauce ended up the consistency of mayonnaise.  The chicken is rubbed with olive oil and baked with paprika, savory, and black pepper.  In addition to walnuts the sauce is garlic, coriander, marigold, fenugreek, and red pepper.

For anyone following along at home this is a far larger platter than I usually show.  They say Georgian meals last for hours which I can well believe.  I had a pomegranate I intended to serve but I gave up and went with cranberry instead.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

I do not celebrate holidays but tonight's dinner was chicken with nut sauce from Carla Capalbo's Tasting Georgia (p350), said to be a speciality of Restaurant Diaroni.  Here is the nut sauce just after incorporating the wine vinegar and before I gave up and transferred everything to the Waring and settled down to a mai tai and a Celebrex.  Just joking about the Celebrex but may reconsider before bed.  This pounding mortar business is overrated.

WalnutSauce12252017.png